Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by flash24 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hope tmo gets it first. Since their getting ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Possible Feb 12 release?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hope tmo gets it first. Since their getting the Iphone already, I think tmo shoulg get it first.
    lets hope

silkk83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C6026

To HEK with that Cingular mombo jumbo...... i have two phones but my Blackberry is with T-Mobile. Dont forget about us. show us some luv too..........
    The Infamous 80's Baby
    Created in 1983©
    "Focus on progress not perfection"

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I might have to start thinking of an upgrade lol. I do like pearl's shape way better.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

So...lets get this thread back on track. Who will release the 8800 first?

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

well... Here's my thoughts on it....

T-mob got the pearl first, they dumped a pretty good chunk of change in doing so. I don't see them getting the 8800 first as well, unless it was some package deal.

My guess is Cingular this time. I'm sure there's some kind of contract with all 3 of them on who gets what first.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.......

Dr. Woo

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    well... Here's my thoughts on it....

T-mob got the pearl first, they dumped a pretty good chunk of change in doing so. I don't see them getting the 8800 first as well, unless it was some package deal.

My guess is Cingular this time. I'm sure there's some kind of contract with all 3 of them on who gets what first.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.......

Dr. Woo
    Dunno Doc...Cingular's still pimping the blackjack pretty hard.

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Greetings wclyffe,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I must admit that I have given a lot of thought to moving to T-Mobile. Perhaps you might answer a few questions for me please. I live in the Central Valley of California, right in the middle of the state. I travel regularly to Pasadena, Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego when traveling south. Then I also travel North to the Bay Area, San Francisco, Sacramento etc. I travel monthly like this for my work.

My question is how do you find the coverage when you travel within CA?

I've reviewed the coverage maps and it is hard to tell as compared to the Cingular maps, just what areas differ. In addition, I do not know anyone here with T-Mobile. Seems like everyone is using Cingular or Verizon. Anyone that you know that travels with T-Mobile that you might ask about coverage?

If I was comfortable that the coverage is their for me, I would most likely switch to T-Mobile in a flash. I use their hotspot Wifi at Starbucks on my laptop and it's bullet proof. Always works and works very well. In 5 years I've never had a problem. Plus your right, when I've called in they have been courteous and very quick to answer my questions without fail.

Thanks!
    While I can't speak for California coverage, I am a T-mobile customer who used to be with Cingular and who works with a bunch of folks who are still customers of Cingular. Since T-Mo added the 850mhz band, its coverage is outstanding. I have a signal in most cases when none of the Cingular guys have one -- in the middle of a cotton field, on back roads beyond Timbuktu, and other remote locations where I never used to have signals when I was with Cingular (or its predecessor AT&T Wireless, or its predecessor SunCom). Coverage, plus a superior plans at half the price, make moving to T-Mo one of the best spur of the moment decisions I've made in quite a while.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by wblovett
    Coverage, plus a superior plans at half the price, make moving to T-Mo one of the best spur of the moment decisions I've made in quite a while.
    Too bad the half price statement is not true here in California.

I went to the T-Mobile store with my invoices from Cingular and they could not save me any money at all. Their prices for the service I'm currently enjoying with Cingular are no less expensive

After all, that was the only way to compare their pricing fairly is to show them my current plan, with text msg, data for the BlackBerry, and the services as well as the other lines on my account.

They were literally the same price within about 8 bucks (more) than Cingular. And it's not that I have a burning desire to leave Cingular as I have great service and support.

I have been pro-T-Mobile since I established an account with them 5 years ago for WiFi service to my laptop in Starbucks and other hotels, airports and locations I frequent when traveling.

However after all the talk on this forum about how inexpensive T-Mobile is I wanted to find out for myself. What I found out was disappointing. Dealing with the store manager, he was friendly and honest. He suggested that there is no benefit to me, for moving to T-Mobile.

Then just to double check I went to their WebSite and the prices are the same. No savings over Cingular.

So I'm not suggesting that the T-Mobile supporters are incorrect, I'm just reporting my experience which proves that T-Mobile has no advantages for me.

Cheers....

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah, if they didn't give an excellent cs. Ask for rep I'd, ask for a supervisor, ask the supervisors boss, then draw your complains. Lol always go 2 step higher haha

PIN/ID
    23D11279

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    Dunno Doc...Cingular's still pimping the blackjack pretty hard.

the only reason why they are pimping the blackjack so hard is because of it's relative low price with all the multimedia stuff it can do. Currently the pearl can do it as well... but it's not nearly as easy as it is on the blackjack.

Personally, I think the blackjack is a just a fad... Flavor of the month if you will. In a few months, it's going to be the "the what? the blackjack?, ohh I remember those". It's a great phone, but lets face it, samsung releases some kind of PDA phone in the us, every couple years, it phazes out, then they do it again.

I'm still saying that there's some kind of contract with all the major providers when it comes to release dates, and who gets them first. There's the possibilty that both t-mob and Cingular will get them at the same time, and the camera version will be the exclusive release instead. And lets not forget the 9000 series that will have 3G..... I'm sure that will be a Cingular exclusive, just like the iPhone.

Dr. Woo

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I'm going continue to enjoy my 7130c while I wait for a 3G blackberry. After testing some 3G phones I'm convinced it's worth waiting for.

Cheers
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23D11279

Not having 3g on this release I think is going to really hurt sales. If you look at it... what's the advantage of getting an 8800 over say a blackjack? The Blackjack has the 3G.... 8800 none..... Sure, you're going to have the die hard blackberry people like those on this forum. But, for your average consumer, there's really no benifit to getting an 8800.....

Dr. Woo

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    Not having 3g on this release I think is going to really hurt sales. If you look at it... what's the advantage of getting an 8800 over say a blackjack? The Blackjack has the 3G.... 8800 none..... Sure, you're going to have the die hard blackberry people like those on this forum. But, for your average consumer, there's really no benifit to getting an 8800.....

Dr. Woo
    Agree with the Doc here.

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

While the Blackjack is attractive, many corporate users don't have a choice. My company will only allow us to use Blackberry Enterprise enabled devices. I would suspect many large corps. are similar.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Having a camera is big no-no for many companies and feds as well. Personally, I can do without it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast