am in serious panic stations. scenario is this i have a sim security code and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kwame no está en línea Stack level 2

please help (phone about to get wiped)

Advertisement

am in serious panic stations.

scenario is this i have a sim security code and device security code set up on my phone. on switching on i enter the sim code then it asks for the device code. all this has always worked fine when just using the phone on it's own.

until i hooked up the Berry to my laptop this am to install a new application.

it was asking me for the device code but kept telling me i was entering it incorrectly. it's 4digit numerical code and i had numlock on.

anyways it's now telling me final attempt and that all device data will be lost if i enter incorrectly.

i have been on the phone to my provider (orange uk) and they could not help any.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Hmmm - 4 DIGITS? Are you SURE?
    Do you hit the [Alt] key when you enter the code on the device, or just hit the keys with the numbers on them?

If you do not hold down [Alt] when you type in the code, the code is NOT digits, but the corresponding LETTERS!

If you think the code is 1234, try wers instead. Get the idea?

Of course on a 71xx/81xx, 1234 would be etud!
    JerryD

that thought has just come to me actually just as you posted. just about to give it a whirl. wish me luck.

panic over - back in. doh doh doh!!! :-)

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Glad to hear it. You have no idea how often this issue comes up!
    JerryD

thanks for the help. i now need to read up in the wifi section. my girlfriend recently got an 8320 but for the life of me can't get the wifi to work. sees and connects to the home router not a problem, but won't actually get in coverage even in the same room with the phone close to the router.