Hello, I started having problems with the trackball feeling less sensitive (having to push very ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

DougBlossom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

Please Help! My 8800 is freaking out!

Advertisement

Hello, I started having problems with the trackball feeling less sensitive (having to push very had to get it to react.) I have read other threads on here suggesting compressed air to clean it and to do a battery pull. I have tried both suggestions a few times and the problem has only seemed to increase. Now when just sitting on my desk it will light up and begin an e-mail... also, when composing an e-mail it will just up and send it while I am still typing. I had trackball issues with my pearl and T-mobile ended up sending me a dash. I hate windows mobile, but I need a phone that won't go crazy! Any help would be great appreciated!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Please Help! My 8800 is freaking out!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would bring the phone back and show and tell them the problem and get a new 8800 I've had several pearls and 8800 and now a curve and have never personally had this problem but a friend of mine did. Send the phone back (it should still be under warrenty depending where you baught it) and let them send you a new 8800

PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

Shoot, I bought it on Ebay. damn.

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well this is one of the problems of buying a second hand as you buy other people's problems. I bought one on ebay and I am having problem registering it as it says this PIN has been registered before.
    However back to your problem. Switch the phone off and pull the battery out and leave it for between 8 to 12 hours and then put it backon and hopefully this will cure the problem.
    I hope this helps

PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

I will give that a try when I go to bed tonight, thanks. Now I can't pus the trackball in at all!

PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

Leaving it off for 8 hours didn't work. I'm going to try reloading the firmware. Has anyone had this happen to their device and found a solution? I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.