I've had a real bad week. 1st my blackberry 8800 gets the hour glass of ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Jth
    Jth no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Please help 8800 not responding

Advertisement

I've had a real bad week. 1st my blackberry 8800 gets the hour glass of doom, then I Loose my laptop hard drive as I'm trying to fix the 8800. I just got the new hard drive and have tried to start over with the 8800. So far I have tried to re-install the OS through the desktop manager with no luck. I have tried to wipe and re-set factory settings with “c:\javaloader –usb wipe” and with jl_cmder but I get unable to open port error. The 8800 was password protective and I tried to enter an invalid password 10 times through the desktop manager and now the “hourglass of doom” is gone but the is only a red light flash with no response on the screen and the desktop manager does not find the 8800 connected.

Any thoughts on next steps to bring the blackberry back too life?

Thanks

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Please help 8800 not responding

See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Jth
    Jth no está en línea Stack level 1

AW: Please help 8800 not responding

When I get to step #6, I get "Device not found" message. When the 8800 still had the hourglass, I would get all the way to step #13, The Application Loader would attempt to erase and install, but would fail because the BB would not re-initialize and the desktop manager would return an error not able to connect to the device.

After trying this process multiple times and trying the “c:\javaloader –usb wipe” and JL_Cmdr several times (JL_Cmdr would return an unable to open port error) I went back to the instructions on how to reinstall OS when computer won’t recognize the device instructions. The last time between steps 7 and 8 I tried to enter an invalid password 10 times to see if the BB would initialize. Now the Hourglass is gone and I only get 2 sets of double blinking red lights every few seconds.

Any thoughts on next steps?

Thanks

adiosi no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same exact problem with my pearl and can not come up with any solutions. They say to be patient and keep trying, so it is my beleif this remedy should yield results... Fingers crossed, good luck!

gome2990 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm trying to wipe my BB clean also and I get the "unable to open oprt" error, any suggestions on getting around that?? Thanks

tad232 no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the exact same problem on an 8820

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

unable open port? thats sonds like an issure with your laptop i had the same problem unistalll dtm 4.3 an dump your old rim serial ports in the windows device manager also make sure the usb pots arn set with power saver settings an keep the laptop plugged in and make sure your running destopmanager 4. wich has the latest drivers