Hi all, I know officially cingular does not suport pin messenger, but I've used it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

q4m
    q4m no está en línea Stack level 1

Pin messenger on my 8800 - Cingular

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I know officially cingular does not suport pin messenger, but I've used it forever anyway without issue...until I got this 8800. Now, I can't seem to get it to work. The software says it installs correctly and even shows up in my list of applications (options ->applications), but no matter what I try to do, I can't seem to get it to show up on my home screen. I've done a "show hidden" even and it's just not there. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Pin messenger on my 8800 - Cingular

I'm pretty sure my 8800 came with BB Messenger installed (I deleted it as I don't use it). Maybe it's a problem with your specific phone? I'm sure someone will be along to offer some help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Instead of OTA (Over the Air), install it directly from your pc..
    go to:
    www.blackberry.com/messenger on your pc and follow instructions.
    Note that it will ask you to install an add on if using IE. You have to install it in order for it to detect that your blackberry is connected to the computer, this must be done with desktop manager closed...let us know how it goes!

q4m
    q4m no está en línea Stack level 1

That's what I've tried. I just did it again to be sure, no bberry software running, etc. Used the web tool. Says it installed and it's in the list, but no icen again

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Quote Originally Posted by q4m
    That's what I've tried. I just did it again to be sure, no bberry software running, etc. Used the web tool. Says it installed and it's in the list, but no icen again
    Which theme are you using? If your using the cingular theme, go to applications, them messenger is it that folder. I hope this helps.....
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Have you pulled your battery? I've had to do this in some cases when installing BBM.