Sorry, rather new to blackberrys here : what is a pin message ? Ie, its ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

proenca no está en línea Stack level 1

PIN messages ?

Advertisement

Sorry, rather new to blackberrys here : what is a pin message ? Ie, its like a normal sms but linked to each pin number of each blackberry device ?

If so, its independent of the network right ? It works with the blackberry data plan or is a normal sms ? Ie, if I have two blackberrys in different countries and I send a PIN message beteween them, do I have to pay ? Like an sms ?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: PIN messages ?

PIN messages use data-they don't use text message resources. PIN numbers are unique to each BB device and you can find yours by going to options>status and look for PIN. PIN messages are global so I don't think you are charged thru dufferent countries as long as both parties have a BB data plans. They are niether SMS or MMS, they are data only messages. You can comunicate without using your text message resouce. I hope this answered your question.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

It uses the data plan only. Think of your pin as your screenname and you can chat with other users if you know their 'pin'

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nswered-7.html also check this out... go to post #1

proenca no está en línea Stack level 1

thank you all