Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

why is it that the picture used on the home screen for the Research in ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

picture on home screen????

Advertisement

why is it that the picture used on the home screen for the Research in Motion website's display of the 8800 isnt available on the phone?

i dont get that?

i really want that picture

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Re: picture on home screen????

try using your bb browser, and using select mode, selecting the picture, then save image. I do that with all kinds of pics I can't get from my pc.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

When I went to rim's website abd on blackberry's website it had the 8800 but no picture that said it isn't available. All I can think ofmaybe if you want to buy one from them its not available ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

yeah the picture of the building that they show for the phone. i really like that picture and it isnt available on the phone.

also, some other things i noticed. it appears that Research in Motion is displaying some characteristics of the new user interface on that phone on their website. the calendar looks different. the message lists are different. even the phone screen doesnt look the same......

i am a little disappointed to see that the 8800 really is a qwerty pearl and not much else. i never thought the pearl was that nice.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11
    i am a little disappointed to see that the 8800 really is a qwerty pearl and not much else. i never thought the pearl was that nice.
    ahem, those are fighting words. The Pearl is an excellent phone, but only for really intelligent users. The 8800 isn't even a full size Pearl. Doesn't have a camera. it's more of an 8700 with a media player.

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

i must be an idiot then. plus, i can fit 7 tennis balls in my hand. the pearl was a little small for that...

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

i must be an idiot then. plus, i can fit 7 tennis balls in my hand. the pearl was a little small for that...
    LMAO!!! shh. don't tell anyone, but I'm really an idiot in disguise. yeah, that is unfortunate that guys with big hands can't use it. It really is a great little device.

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

honestly, i loved the pearl. i just hated that i couldnt type long without it hurting my hands.

after updating the operating system, that phone was the best i'd ever had. especially with the camera...

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

honestly, i loved the pearl. i just hated that i couldnt type long without it hurting my hands.

after updating the operating system, that phone was the best i'd ever had. especially with the camera...
    that's why this 8800 release is so disappointing. I think it's a waste of money, personally. I can handle the Pearl, and a qwerty keyboard isn't a biggie for me. The only reason I would have bought an 8800 was for the larger screen, and having all the capabilities of a Pearl. I am waiting for the next product release, and spending the money elsewhere.

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

yeah i needed to upgrade. the 8700 was getting banged up and the 8800 feels so much better. it helps that i get a corporate discount with cingular, but it wasnt quite a waste of money for me.... $200 no contract....

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

yeah i needed to upgrade. the 8700 was getting banged up and the 8800 feels so much better. it helps that i get a corporate discount with cingular, but it wasnt quite a waste of money for me.... $200 no contract....
    yeah, for you it's not a waste. I would have to purchase it at the full price. So I will wait for the one I really want. And besides, my hubby hates my Pearl as it is. If I had another one....we'd both be looking for a new home!

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Question Re: picture on home screen????

I'm not loving this 8800...$500 without a contract fromCingular. Where did u find it for $200 without a contract?

I'm going to be patient and continue to try it but I'm not convinced.....

Thanks in advance...

Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not impressed with the 8800 so far. I think I'll stick to its little bro the pearl.

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

I have corporate discounts through nike.

That cut my price down tremendously.

And so far, I love it. The keys are more responsive, the phone sounds better, the bigger screeb is so much nicer, and last but not least, it actually weighs something. I can feel it in my hands. Had problems with the pearl being too light.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It took me a week to get over constant thumb cramping from using the Pearl. I have typed on Sidekicks, WM devices, a BB 950, and a slew of 77xx and 7100 series devices before the Pearl. I was shocked at how bad my thumbs hurt. I had to do constant finger exercises (I forgot where that post is on the forum) and take FREQUENT breaks during that week. I wanted to exchange it 2 days after I got it and get a SK3 but I kept practicing. Now it's the best BB I have ever used. Talk about being a CrackBerry addict LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast