Hi there, I had ( reseted the thing now ) quite a few SMS on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

proenca no está en línea Stack level 1

phone slowing down with lots of sms ?

Advertisement

Hi there,

I had ( reseted the thing now ) quite a few SMS on my 8800, few long ones ( 4-5 pages ) , I would say a couple of hundreds..

lately I noticed when I accessed the SMS inbox, the phone would start to slow down - trackball, responsiveness, even typing.

is this normal ? apart from deleting sms over 30 days old, any other ideas ?

i had a P900 couple of years old with a few THOUSANDS of sms's and never got slow..

love my 8800 but this is kinda annoying

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: phone slowing down with lots of sms ?

check your memory it's probably getting full...if it gets too full it will start deleting them by themselves. Remember you only have about 64mb of on board memory. If that that gets low it will delete anything it wants. Emails, sms, mms, etc.

check here for some tips http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: phone slowing down with lots of sms ?

I'd just delete or archive them. I can't even imagine needing to keep 100 sms messages, much less thousands of them. too bad RIM didn't make it so you could store them on the memory card.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~