I just noticed on a few occasions that my phone will vibrate with an incoming ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

CisRey3 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Phone Freezes with Incoming Calls?

Advertisement

I just noticed on a few occasions that my phone will vibrate with an incoming call. While the phone is ringing/vibrating, there is nothing on the screen (no call ID showing up), no option to answer or ignore, and my trackball doesn't cause any movement on the screen. It's like the phone freezes, while the phone is vibrating. Then, the caller ID and answer/ignore option will show up on the last vibration, then it'll say "1 missed call," so I basically miss the call.

So basically, the phone won't let me answer it. Is this normal?

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Phone Freezes with Incoming Calls?

this happend to me with my first 8800 and the problem persisted. i braught the phone in and after some haggling they replaced it and never had a problem after that. i would reccoment going to a cingular store and show them what happens. and see what they say. but before doing that do a battery pull. ( pull the battery out for about 10 seconds and put it back in) see if that clears it up.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

I would sure go with the idea of getting it exchanged, battery pull might work but what if the problem
    arises

CisRey3 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Thanks for the advice and help. OK, so I can actually answer the phone, but the caller ID won't show up, so I have no idea who I'm answering too. I guess when I mean that it freezes, I try to press buttons to try to bring up the caller ID and nothing happens, until the very end, right before it says "1 missed call."

Again is that normal with the Vibrate mode? Do I just need to go in an adjust the settings so the caller ID does show up?