I'm looking for an application for my Blackberry 8800 that will allow me to password-protect ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BaRiMzI no está en línea Stack level 2

Password/Security App for Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

I'm looking for an application for my Blackberry 8800 that will allow me to password-protect programs in my blackberry. I am looking to password-protect things such as my mail, contacts, phone(history and such) and calendar. I've tried my best to search for such a program on this forum and the internet but have only found vague results. I'm sorry if my answer could have been found easier. I don't care if the program is free or if I have to purchase it (so long as it isn't too expensive). I'm unsure if a program or application of this sort exists for blackberry but I'm sure it does. On my last phone, a Motorola e815, I could have a password required to view my contacts, media gallery and practically any aspect of the phone. Any help would be appreciated and I'll be more specific if need be. Thank You.

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Password/Security App for Blackberry 8800

Hi...

have you tried looking for it at Handango.com?, it is a great place and they offer many many apps for BBs trough many categories.

ps: i wish i could be more helpfull, but i have not seen an application as the one you want.

cheers

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Hi BaRiMz,

I dont know of any 3rd party apps that will allow you to password protect specific programs. You can Password protect your BB by going to Options>Security Options>General Settings from there set Password to Enabled, modify any other settings there and when you save it it will ask for password and set what you want.

Hope you find that helpful.
    Angie
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~According to a RIM rep I talked to a while back, many three-letter agencies based in Washinton DC (perhaps CIA, NSA, FBI, etc.) use blackberies very securely. They use the built in password/device lock as described above. If you are on a BES you can have your admin set it so that it both automagically locks after x minutes of inactivity, and so it automagically locks after x minutes regardless of activity. If the password isn't entered correctly within 10 entries the Blackberry is wiped of all data. So feel free to be paranoid...unless as Mel Gibson said in Conspiracy Theory, "You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you."

BaRiMzI no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~According to a RIM rep I talked to a while back, many three-letter agencies based in Washinton DC (perhaps CIA, NSA, FBI, etc.) use blackberies very securely. They use the built in password/device lock as described above. If you are on a BES you can have your admin set it so that it both automagically locks after x minutes of inactivity, and so it automagically locks after x minutes regardless of activity. If the password isn't entered correctly within 10 entries the Blackberry is wiped of all data. So feel free to be paranoid...unless as Mel Gibson said in Conspiracy Theory, "You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you."
    . Thanks for the help guys. I knew it might be a stretch and I'll try what abaqueen said.