I purchased my AT&T Blackberry 8800 10th Aug. to replace my Palm Treo 650--with the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

susannoz no está en línea Stack level 1

Palm Treo Database xFer to BBerry 8800?

Advertisement

I purchased my AT&T Blackberry 8800 10th Aug. to replace my Palm Treo 650--with the understanding that the database was transferrable. So far, what was to be an "easy" Desktop Manager transfer has been impossible. I spent an hour on the phone with Blackberry Tech support who didn't seem to know anything about such a transfer unless you go thru Outlook. I don't like or want Outlook. It's disabled on my laptop and I want to keep it that way. Now I'm wondering if I've been sold a bill of goods and it's just not possible.

My question: Has ANYONE successfully imported the Palm Os 4.1.x contacts database into the Blackberry 8800? If so, HOW? Rather than loose all of my contacts, I'm about to return the phone and try another Treo. My last one was an eBay lemmon, but I LOVE the Calendar and the Contacts Database and the fact I can enter the info on the computer and transfer it to the phone. Typing it in on the phone is ludicruous.

Suggestions??? You're my last hope.

SusanNOz

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Palm Treo Database xFer to BBerry 8800?

Switch Device wizard in Desktop Manager 4.2 or Outlook as a middle man are your two choices. Given your stance on Outlook, I'd recommend the first option.

However, syncing with Outlook does (effectively) give you a backup of the PIM contents of your BB... Though you can also backup via the utility in Desktop Manager as well.

Quote Originally Posted by susannoz
    My last one was an eBay lemmon, but I LOVE the Calendar and the Contacts Database and the fact I can enter the info on the computer and transfer it to the phone. Typing it in on the phone is ludicruous.
    Though given this, I'd recommend Outlook. There are some other PIM's that Intellisync/Synchronize supports. You'll need to look in the sync settings to see the list of supported apps but it's a very short list. IMO Outlook really is the best option and it syncs very well with the BB.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-15-2007 at 11:07 AM.

PIN/ID

Re: Palm Treo Database xFer to BBerry 8800?

It can be done without outlook, i nthe Desktop manager you have an option to import from ASCII file, you have to export your contacts form the Plam Desktop manager into ASCII format, then import them to your BB using the BB Desktop manager