I am new BlackBerry 8800. My old phone was Cingular Treo 650 running Goodlink Client ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jshallis no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook Syncing Issues - AT&T Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

I am new BlackBerry 8800. My old phone was Cingular Treo 650 running Goodlink Client software. I recently moved to the BB for the new form factor and everyone telling me the BB was the best PDA/mobile device for email management. Well to date, after 30 days of owning a BB, I am not impressed. For one thing, with the Goodlink client, I had the same functionality on my phone as I would on my Outlook client running on my desktop. I had the ability to sort my inbox by sender, subject,etc. and delete messages as I need to. Also our IT Dept limits by the amount disk space of our inbox, therefore I need the ability to clean it up by removing messages in my Sent, Deleted and Inboxes. (I know about moving msgs onto a pst file however I travel alot and need access to my messages all of the time/ Can't send a msg onto someone if it is located in pst file from Treo or BB). On my BB, I will delete messages however when I check my desktop Outlook client, the messages are not being deleted. It also happens visa versa where I will delete a message on the desktop and not deleting on the BB. I have read multiple threads on this forum and keep seeing notes about creating filters. If I need to create a filter for simple email syncing then I might as well dump the BB and upgrade to the new 680. Maybe I am missing something here and I need a little direction. Also it would nice if I can sort my emails by sender therefore when I am in the airport, I can delete the messages not needed accordingly.

Searching for answers.

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

Re: Outlook Syncing Issues - AT&T Blackberry 8800

You can have the bb inbox mirror your outlook by changing the settings on the blackberry under synchronization.

The filter options on the bb are basically for quick searches. They don’t have anything to do with syncing… that I know of.

If you want to sort by sender, it’s really easy. Highlight the sender and choose search sender.

If storage space is an issue for you, I might recommend picking up a personal gmail account. I forward msg’s to mine for long term storage. Its not technical or high speed, but its efficient and it does the job.

Fletchdaddy - thanks for the posting

Fletchdaddy,

I checked all of the setting and options on my BB 8800 and unable to find the synchronization settings.

Since I am new to BB, can you please walk me through the process.

Thanks,

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

goto messages, open your menu and select options> email reconcilation

make these setting changes:

delete on: mailbox & handheld
    wireless reconcile: On
    On conflicts: handheld wins

this will make your outlook mirror your BB.