Hey dear m8s i have a serious problem with my contacts so ill try to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Selest no está en línea Stack level 2

Out of Memory?

Advertisement

Hey dear m8s i have a serious problem with my contacts so ill try to be as precise as possible in describing my problem.

I use outlook on my pc to enter my customer list with addresses, emails etc. I sink my pc with my BB 8800 and everything seemed to work fine until yesterday when i realized i could not enter another name. My contacts are about 400. They are not stored on the sim card but on the devises memory.

Question: I have come to realize that the contacts are stored on the BB8800's memory. How is it possible to redirect the phone list to the data card? Is there another program which organizes contacts and also is able to sink with outlook?

I have searched and couldnt find a way to increase the memory to include lets say thousands of contacts which is the main use i have for the devise. I can not imagine having a BlackBerry and not being able to store as many contacts as i wish.

I erased some games and stuff which took some space and that in part solved the problem. I check on phone 'status' and it gives File Free : 17138684 Bytes and File Total : 63569920

Help?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    With 17MB File Free, you should not have issues saving contacts. That looks like plenty of space left to me. I have some people with thousands of contacts and the BB handles them with no problems.

As far as I know, there is no way to direct information like contacts and emails to the data card, but you really shouldn't need to. Have you tried a battery pull, then sync again?

Selest no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did it and have no problems now. So how bout the programs? If i load up the free space im back to zero again. Can programs for example be saved on the data card?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hi Selest,

Programs can indeed be saved to the media card, but cannot be run from there. There is a program available from Aerize that assists in bringing apps in from the media card to run on the device. Something you might want to check into.

Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 09-25-2008 at 12:43 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You should probably browse through this thread as well for ideas on how to free up memory on a regular basis.