Anyone here using this Otterbox for the 88XX? http://www.berryreview.com/2007/09/2...y-8800-series/ I have one on the way, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Otterbox for 88XX Series

Advertisement

Anyone here using this Otterbox for the 88XX?

http://www.berryreview.com/2007/09/2...y-8800-series/

I have one on the way, Would love any input from current users. Bought it with my Verizon corporate discount, for $37 and change with free shipping. It's bulky, but I'm ok with that. I still miss my 8700G with the extended battery that was huge. Thanks!!
    Andy

EthanCole Guest
    I went through 2 bb in 5 months because I always leave it on my lap when I'm at work and end up dropping it. I love it!

what My bb has gone through without damages because of the otter:

*spilled coffee
    *dropped from 5 ft.
    *drizzle*
    used as a weapon by my bb hating gf
    *my fat a** sitting on it

and like 098098234 more things lol it just makes bb look fat.
    lol

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    my hubby uses the otterbox on his 8310. He loves it. It does cover the camera, but he cut the plastic over the camera when we reloaded the OS last.

It is not the easiest thing to get off if you need a battery pull, but its survived my hubby so far, and its deff lasted longer than any other case.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have the otterbox for 8830 and 8130. Love them. A little harder to use the bottom keys on the 8830 and 8130 but for the protection it gives, its a must have in my trade.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cool! I have seen them for so long, but never had one. In my job I'm constantly afraid of water and shocks. Plus I couldn't beat the price. Thanks for the input!
    Andy

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You got it from Verizon? What's interesting is that I was going to order it from them about 6 weeks ago. It was on their website. Went to store a day later - it was totally gone from the web site. So they could not offer it to me. I purchased elsewhere and got no corp discount!!!! Is it back on the site?

If you do battery pulls it does impede that - so I now use the program - Softreset if I need to "battery pull!"

It sure is. Took the CS rep a while to find it, but they have it in stock.
    Andy

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    8820 and my otterbox are the perfect combo it keeps the phone so safe my only word of advice is the charger cover on mine ripped off so use it gently. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    I still miss my 8700G with the extended battery that was huge. Thanks!!
    Saw this extended battery if you're interested http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=848

Don't know if the Otterbox will accept extended batteries that are larger

Ya....I saw that too Erica, thanks. kinda hard to cough up the $60 for 15%more battery though. It doesn't require a new battery door though. The phone stays the same size......just has more electric goodness.

And Joe4pal......I think there is a lifetime warrantee on the otterbox, they will replace that broken door from what I can tell.
    Andy

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well in that case I need to email them.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes OtterBox does have a life time no questions asked life time warranty on the product. I have one for both my 8310 and 8820. The rubber cover and clear cover did not fit right on the 8310, they replaced them both, when that did not correct the problem I was having they sent me a complete new one at no cost. They didn't even ask for the old one back, but I sent it to them in good faith.
    One thing to remember they are not waterproof. Good luck.

Thanks Ozzie, that's good to know. I'm hoping it will show up tomorrow. Wednesday at the latest.
    Andy

Got my new Otterbox today. Pretty cool. Went together easy, fits well, all the keys and trackball are easy enough to get to. I like the holster. The silicone skin tends to pick up small hairs and dust easily, but it cleans off nicely. Over all I'm pretty impressed so far.
    Andy