Hi I have a branded Cingular 8800 with os version of 4.2.1.72 and trying to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bkeaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

os upgrading stuck... need help

Advertisement

Hi

I have a branded Cingular 8800 with os version of 4.2.1.72 and trying to use the tmobile upgrade 4.2.1.74. I deleted the vendor.xml file and started upgrade but it has been on the 3rd step "backup 3rd party applications" on file "gmaps8800_v4_2_L1.cod" for the last hour and a half with no progress.

I know it isnt a good idea to cancel the upgrade but does anyone know since it hasnt actually started copying files to the phone and its still in backup mode can this be cancelled without issues??

Suggestions? help? someone..

Thanks in advance

I Pulled the battery as Tom suggested and it worked this time.... Thanks Tom. Much appreciated!
    Last edited by bkeaver; 07-26-2007 at 09:59 AM.

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: os upgrading stuck... need help

Well, it was happened to me when I want to upgrade my pearl OS. Did you pull the batery out? If yes, you should put back in since the 1st step.

I don't know if this helps, but hopefully give you some insights. One more thing, you may wipe out all BB OS. My pearl used a software named JL_cmdr (if I'm not mistaken) to wipe the OS. Then I reinstall the OS back as the way others did. Good luck!
    -t o m-
    *PearlLover, CurveAbuser*
    :D