Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes you can..But to switch to 1.8 is kinda tricky... But after being on 1.8, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: original copy

Advertisement

Yes you can..But to switch to 1.8 is kinda tricky...
    But after being on 1.8, switching to 2.0 is easy..
    If interested, follow the instructions posted here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...bis_1_8_a.html

If I don't reply later..means that I fell asleep but I will lok into this thread tomorrow morning..I leave you with lots of experts in the forums...someone will jump in if I am unnable to..

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thanx! Me 2...i'm goin 2 sleep! Ill check it out 2morrow and will most prob of course have a mil questions 4 u lol! Have a good night!

Before I go, let me quote the logon screen that users get everytime they log on to 1.8 that summarizes the advantages/disadvantages of both versions:
    BlackBerry® Internet Service™ version 2.0 is NOW available!

"NOTE: Please read this entire notice carefully as there are several new improvements and changes. Depending on your individual needs, you may not choose to migrate at this time.
    Currently, your BlackBerry Internet Service v1.8 account features push email from up to 10 Internet email accounts. If you migrate, you will receive additional functionality, namely integrated email account management from the device. BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 improvements include:
    • Multiple "Sent-From" Address - when you compose an email on the device you can designate which integrated email account you want the "Sent From" field to display.
    • One-way Reconciliation - perform these functions on your device and the action will also appear in the integrated Internet email account:
      • Sent mail
      • Deleted mail
      • Read/Unread status
    • Individual Email Account Icons - if you have a Blackberry 7130c™, Blackberry 8700c™, or any other BlackBerry device upgraded with 4.1 handheld code, new icons will appear on the home screen for each integrated email account. Click on each icon to easily view incoming/outgoing mail from that account. NOTE: You may still view all of your messages by clicking on the Message Inbox icon.
    • Improved Attachment Viewing - continue to view popular formats like JPEG, BMP, TIFF, Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint®, Adobe® PDF and now view PowerPoint presentations in slideshow format.
    • Unlimited email storage - with direct access to integrated accounts, an online HTML web version of your BlackBerry inbox is no longer necessary. Therefore, migrated users will not be required to manage their email storage and all messages will automatically auto age after 30 days.
    • Mail Connector Delegation - if you use BlackBerry Mail Connector to access Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino email, you can now delegate the required network connection to the email server.
    You may NOT want to migrate to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 if you::
    • Require HTML web access to your BlackBerry inbox. BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 does not support an HTML view. (ex. you access mail sent to your @mycingular.blackberry.net account via a PC web browser)
    • Depend on the personal folders as the new version does not support folders. After a migration to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0, folders will exist on the device for 30 days only.
    • Prefer to manage BIS email storage limits using web access vs. the new auto-aging feature on the device.
    • Use BlackBerry Internet Service to access Domino iNotes or Web Access. With BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0, Domino iNotes and Web Access is supported only if you download and use BlackBerry Mail Connector which requires a continual desktop connection to your company's email server using your computer or a delegate.
    If you wish to upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0, simply click "Yes" below. No additional steps are required. Your upgrade will take place immediately and you will be able to begin to use the new and improved features!
    NOTE: Once upgraded, you will not be able to revert to the previous version. You may decide to migrate at a later date: each time you log into your account you will be prompted with the migration option."

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Huh? So then how can i go 2 1.8 then? I'm on 2.0!

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by frkhuda
    Huh? So then how can i go 2 1.8 then? I'm on 2.0!
    likefre included a link to his instructions for how to return to v1.8 in post #16 (click here)

Perhaps you can't see the web link depending on which device you're viewing the forum from? I've just linked back up to his post on this page in my first paragraph here, so hopefully that helps.

So, it seems that you can return to v1.8 even though the migration message you get (shown in likefre's post #18) says you cannot.

Thanks zentient!...yes you can go back..not supposed to though..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12