Ok so I installed the Orange Soda theme on my 8800 yesterday and it was ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

Orange Soda Theme Corrupt?

Advertisement

Ok so I installed the Orange Soda theme on my 8800 yesterday and it was working fine until I noticed that I wasn't receiving any emails. I checked all my settings, pulled the battery and still no emails. I deleted the theme from my phone and then I started receiving emails again right away. The part that really sucks is somehow this theme fried my memory card. The card is now not recognized in my Blackberry and there is no option to format it. I put the card in my pc and it's not recognized at all. By the way I'm using t-mobile's latest software which is 4.2.1.74. I put my g/f's memory card in my 8800 and it recognizes it with no problems. They are both Sandisk cards. Is my card fried and what do you think went wrong? Is there a way to fix this card? Thanks for your help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Orange Soda Theme Corrupt?

1. There is a HUGE BIS e-mail outage currently going on since yesterday. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...confirmed.html But it also could have been the theme.

2. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Media Card and try to reformat it. Sounds like it needs to be reformatted as the the theme fried it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I can assure u that your issues had nothing to do with the theme...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

So why is the memory card fried as he said?

PIN/ID
    ATA

i can't explain the 'frying' of the memory card, but there is NO reason why a theme would do any of what you are saying...it won't stop your emails from coming in and it won't 'fry' a memory card...

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

I've seen memory cards fry when the battery was pulled on a VZW 8830 if the unit wasn't turned off before the battery was pulled. In these instances the BB needs to be connected to a PC in mass storage mode and reformatted from the PC. Once it is formatted you can disconnect the BB from the PC and format it again from the BB.

Ok sorry nothing against your themes Cherri. I have been using your themes for a couple of months now but now I'm scared to download anymore since the issues that I have had. I turned my BB off and kept it off for about 30 sec then I did a battery pull so that's not why the card got fried. Could it have been because I'm using v4.2.1.74 and your themes are for v4.2.2? I would like to keep using your themes but I would like to try and figure out what went wrong so I don't do it again. I had the Orange Soda theme on my phone for about a day and towards the end of the day I noticed that I wasn't receiveing any emails to my tmo.blackberry.net email address or my work email address. I thought at first it was a tmobile issue but then as soon as I deleted the theme and put on a t mobile theme I received all the emails pretty much within 5-10 minutes. Also with the Orange theme I couldn't send any emails out either. Well anyways I'm going to go to Best Buy and just get a new memory card. My PC just will not recognize this one anymore. Thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    ATA

^^ nope...the 8700 and 8800 themes are exported for use with OS 4.2.1 or higher -- curve is 4.2.2 or higher.

sorry you think it was the theme...and unfortunately, i don't have an answer as to why or what happened. but never heard of a theme doing anything to the media card or making your berry stop sending/receiving emails...was it OTA? or DM? was it the first time you used DM?

if the theme wasn't made for your device, most likely wouldn't have allowed it to load...at the very least it would have not shown up in your themes if it did manage to download to your device. and that's it...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I think post #2 explains the email delima or lack there of? I can't quit figure out from reading the post what the memory's problem is? Did you try doing the part 2 of that same post?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

A theme cannot fry a memory card...

Well since everyone was having problems receiving emails on Friday I have to say that it wasn't the Orange Soda theme giving me a problem. It had to have been a coincidence. About my memory card though. I put it in my digital camera and the screen is just a blank green and says error and when the card is in the camera I can't even turn the camera off. It's very strange. I'm just going to presume that my memory card just fried itself having nothing to do with the Orange Soda theme. I don't know if you guys have seen or tried any of Cherri's other themes but any theme she comes out with is awesome. I made a couple themes myself that aren't even close to being that good and honestly it takes me days to gather the pics, crop, resize. It's alot of work. Thanks for all your guys help. Your always very helpful and this is the only forum I ever look to for help. Thanks.