hi all i want to get blackberry messenger back on my phone. i accidently deleted ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kwame no está en línea Stack level 2

operating system reinstall question

Advertisement

hi all

i want to get blackberry messenger back on my phone. i accidently deleted it.

anyways been informed i need to install the OS to pc then reload to my phone via desktop manager. i have done a full back up as precaution.

however my question is will the reinstall of the OS wipe my 3rd party apps? i have quite a few (3rd party apps that is) and it would take me a fair while getting them all back on again.

thanks in advance.

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Are you downloading a newer OS than is already on the device? If not when you install the OS to your PC you will access it through the Application Loader of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Desktop Manager will detect if the OS is the same that you have installed on your device. If it is it, it will not try to update the device, but instead will give you a checklist of applications on your device as well as options to add to your device. Go through the list and find BlackBerry Messenger. Check the box and follow the prompts. It will only add BlackBerry Messenger to your device. Hope this helps....

kwame no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for the response. yes the OS was the same version but it put the OS back on. there was no option to change as it was greyed out. i lost a few apps but not all of them thankfully. so just reinstalling those few OTA now. cheers!

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    also when reloading an os it will backup your system including 3rdparty apps installed on the device