Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

does anyone else have some ideas on how to fix this?... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

zoots no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: open tunnel failure on Ramble and jive talk>?

Advertisement

does anyone else have some ideas on how to fix this?

nickyamg no está en línea Stack level 1

i have tried oz. i have tried jive talk. i personally dont like either one of them. my reccomendation is implus i downloaded it from handango. although it is 50 bucks. it auto reconnects me when im in phone use and has been great for me so far. nothing beats a sidekick though. lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol yeah the sidekick is amazing

kobik no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem with mine. I have tried inputting the correct APN and leaving the fields blank. The applications that work are email, bb web brower and messenger, google maps, yahoo! go and messenger and google talk. It seems that its just the applications that the bb website offer that seem to work. I also have Opera Mini and JiveTalk but I can't connect those 3rd party apps either. I tried ramble and a couple of 3rd party apps but no luck. With JiveTalk, I tried a few different connections and came out with some interesting results, like if you leave the connection parameters field blank, it comes up with "connection closed" rather that the "can't open tunnel" problem I get when I have it on default. Anyway, I have an idea that I need someone to try and find out if it works. I can't do it because I'm on Windows Vista and the bb manager doesn't run on my computer anymore. Before I got my 8700 connected, I downloaded Opera (without gprs connection) and installed it on my bb. When I got my connection I tested it and it actually worked, however I deleted it thinking I was going to get an 8800 instead, turns out I wasn't eligible so I reinstalled Opera and I have been having this problem since. I think if someone who has a working bb manager can uninstall opera, restart, install via usb with wireless turned off on bb, restart and turn on wireless and please let us know if that works.

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

personally I don't think anyone can help this situation. Guess us open tunnelerz are out of luck...LOL

JE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea this really sucks I need a good aim prog does anyone know if implus is realtime?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ does anyone know a hack for
    im+

chu
    chu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

it may just be me but i had the same 'opn tunnel' error until i applied the daylight savings update. then ramble started working again. i can't say for sure if the two are related but it wasn't working and now it is. YMMV.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Try turning off the bb and turning it on again...whenenever I get open tunnel failure that's what I do and when the bb is taking awhile to send MMS or SMS and it works....
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

mctommy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e74540

I had this issue on my bb, and I did a battery pull and jivetalk worked. However, for my friend's bb, we did that 5-6 times, and jivetalk is still showing that error.

Any further help on this topic would be delightful!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by nickyamg
    i have tried oz. i have tried jive talk. i personally dont like either one of them. my reccomendation is implus i downloaded it from handango. although it is 50 bucks. it auto reconnects me when im in phone use and has been great for me so far. nothing beats a sidekick though. lol
    Jivetalk is ten times better than Im plus.... jivetalk has more features via virtual desktop style type im. And its free. No way in the world I would pay 50 dollars for something that is free in 98 percent of the planet. Aim free, yahoo free, msn, free, icq free.....

mrbill5421 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just downloaded Jivetalk today OTA when they emailed me the link and i was installing it on my way to work and i tried to get the Key to log in and i got the Open tunnel failure message. I went to the auto configure network setting in jivetalk it said my APN settings were not present or somethin like that. i found the settings in my phone and the fields were blank. so i called Cingular to get the settings and i the first time i got disconnected and the second time i was put on hold several times and ended up talkiing to 3 different people for an hour and none of them having any idea what i was trying to do. so i searched here on pinstack for the apn settings and BAM! i found them. put them in and i don't get the open tunnel failure message anymore. once i told the cingular representative they asked what settings i put in and right away he took credit and said oh yea thats exactly what i was thinking of...I'm not sure if this will help anyone else i hope it does.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoots
    ughh all i want is a good AIM prog lol =(
    well I dont think its the aim prog.. however have you tried updating to the new .6 version of BeeJive that just came out? It automatically detects your network settings/configuration this may help you out a lot.

edit: have you also tried registering with the network via your host routing table?
    Last edited by ericugs; 04-14-2007 at 01:26 AM.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

I just installed the newest version and it worked like a gem.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

I actually experienced the open tunnel failure after 90 minutes! I did a hard reboot and it's back up and running.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123