I just converted to a BB 8800 from a Treo700W. Wow what a difference! A ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

plumptaco no está en línea Stack level 1

On-screen alert for SMS messages?

Advertisement

I just converted to a BB 8800 from a Treo700W. Wow what a difference! A much more elegant, customizable and reliable OS.

Two questions:

1) Can I somehow get an on-screen alert when I receive an SMS message? (Just as I do when I get a new voicemail and need to hit "Ok" or "Save".) SMS messages apparently get dumped into the general inbox (mixed with email) with no special visual indicator on the phone.

2) Is there any software out there for customizing the behavior of the blinking LED light on the phone in response to various types of alerts/messages?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: On-screen alert for SMS messages?

1) Someone else will hopefully be along with a more intelligent answer.

2) Yes, there are a couple of programs. Blinkberry is one, MobiAlarm (?) is the other. Both are available through the downloads section.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

For the sms. Go to ur inbox » options » general options & scroll down to email & sms inboxes & make it separate.

It will show the sms in/out in a separate folder & your pins & emails in a separate forlder.

Good luck

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

1 - Not that I'm aware of. A new SMS will set/increase you new message counter on your home screen and trigger any SMS alert that you have set in your active profile but that's about it.