View Poll Results: My 8800 battery life has been...

Voters
203. Register free to vote on this poll
  • 1-2 days with heavy phone usage & bluetooth

44 21.67%
  • 1-2 days with heavy phone usage

23 11.33%
  • 1-2 days with no phone, heavy email/IM/sms usage

40 19.70%
  • 2-3 days with heavy phone usage & bluetooth

10 4.93%
  • 2-3 days with heavy phone usage

23 11.33%
  • 2-3 days with no phone, heavy email/IM/sms usage

17 8.37%
  • 3 or more days, any kind of usage (Feel free to elaborate!)

26 12.81%
  • My insane hatred of Cingular excludes me from this poll.

20 9.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by BBWrangler The 7100 battery with the black label is the C-S1, and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Ok, it's been over a week. How's your 8800 Battery life?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler
    The 7100 battery with the black label is the C-S1, and it doens't power up anything newer than the 7105T.

Good responses so far. Should be interesting to see if the battery life drops off then levels off.
    LOL It does power up the Pearl. I tried it.

jskrlj no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F20220

I got 4 days on my first charge. As soon as I was using the jivetalk it only lasted for a day and a half. I took out the battery and am on my 3rd day of usage.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Don't know as I charge mine nightly...

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Just a bump to see how everyone's battery life is doing so far.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

So far in the past week, mine has been pretty good with moderate to heavy usage. I have been using the wall charger, but will likely be going to USB from my PC as I travel a lot and hate carrying so many cords.

Keep in mind Lithium batts have the flattest discharge voltage curves, thus they do tend to drop from 100-90% faster than expected but will hold there longer than any other and drop slowly. They also do very well over long term storage and standby modes.

As mentioned, there is no memory effect, so they respond the same regardless of when you charge them. However, about every 10 charges, it is good to let them drain down pretty far. Some higher end Lithium chargers will have a "conditioning Mode"....common in the photography industry where I buy a lot of mine. That essencially drains them completely and then recharges.

jskrlj no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F20220

I get 5-6 days out of a charge, 4 charges total so far. I receive 30 emails a day and send out 5 tops on the BB. I don't use GPRS all that much. I talk about 20 minutes a day on it.
    I don't use bluetooth as on other devices it seemed to really drain the battery. I prefer the wired headphones.
    I have also set it up to turn off at midnight and turn back on at 7am every day.
    Last edited by jskrlj; 03-20-2007 at 01:42 PM.

taylorwilsdo no está en línea Stack level 1

Three days so far and the indicator has barely dropped. I used the phone for about 60 minutes in the last 3 days (noy much), sent and received about 800 emails and browsed the internet a fair amount. Oh, and some brickbreaker. Its a world of difference from my windows mobile devices (q and 8525) that get a day tops.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i will say that the 8800 has the best battery life of any blackberry I've used. And I've used every single one bb4e

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Hmm. I'm still able to go about 3 days, maybe 4 depending on usage without charging, but I do have it set to shut off at 9:50pm and on at 8am.

Still nowhere near the weeks on end I got with my old 957, but then it didn't let me play Meteor Crusher.

Curious to see how the 8830 users are doing. It's fairly well known that Qualcomm's CDMA hardware sucks power like one of those Dyson Vacuum cleaners, so it's probably a day less than the GSM/GPRS only 8800's get.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm getting 2-3 days with a lot of phone use (bluetooth headset), internet and Pin Messenger!

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been only getting a day out of a full charge lately. I am using BT, and I'm not really making a ton of calls....I thought I should be getting a lot more than I am.

Anyone know of a reputable place to get a good quality replacement batt?

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler
    Hmm. I'm still able to go about 3 days, maybe 4 depending on usage without charging, but I do have it set to shut off at 9:50pm and on at 8am.

Still nowhere near the weeks on end I got with my old 957, but then it didn't let me play Meteor Crusher.

Curious to see how the 8830 users are doing. It's fairly well known that Qualcomm's CDMA hardware sucks power like one of those Dyson Vacuum cleaners, so it's probably a day less than the GSM/GPRS only 8800's get.
    I have the 8830 have to recharge AT LEAST twice a day. I almost feel like i have a defective unit and should exchange it. Its driving me crazy.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my battery seems to last 2-3 days with pretty decent phone usage as well as email, sms, and other general apps. Media player seems to drain a little quicker, I still get two days out of it when I listen to MP3s on the way to work (about 15-20 minutes for the trip). I'm happy with it for sure!

Traknologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F916AF

I use the phone heavy, multitasking playing two games at a time ( Drug wars, and chess ), browsing, and rec emails. My battery typically last an entire day. I rarely let it get below 50% for fear that I'd have to go some where and be with out my precious berry. I've killed the battery a couple times though, but only because I was in a situations where I had nothing else to do but be a berry addict. My battery last one day if I'm using the phone a lot 4 days or longer if I'm not.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Are there any tips for extending the battery life by changing the settings? I remember with my 7105t that I was able to extend it by adjusting the backlighting. What about adjusting the key board light?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast