View Poll Results: My 8800 battery life has been...

Voters
203. Register free to vote on this poll
  • 1-2 days with heavy phone usage & bluetooth

44 21.67%
  • 1-2 days with heavy phone usage

23 11.33%
  • 1-2 days with no phone, heavy email/IM/sms usage

40 19.70%
  • 2-3 days with heavy phone usage & bluetooth

10 4.93%
  • 2-3 days with heavy phone usage

23 11.33%
  • 2-3 days with no phone, heavy email/IM/sms usage

17 8.37%
  • 3 or more days, any kind of usage (Feel free to elaborate!)

26 12.81%
  • My insane hatred of Cingular excludes me from this poll.

20 9.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I avoided charging mine after activating it with a full charge on Tuesday night. I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Ok, it's been over a week. How's your 8800 Battery life?

Advertisement

I avoided charging mine after activating it with a full charge on Tuesday night.
    I got down to about 10% by Saturday night. No phone use, a little Bluetooth, and a lot of email. I did not let the device shut down at night.

What have you folks been seeing? I'm curious because some of our users will want to know, epspecially in comparison with the 8700c & g models.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Ok, it's been over a week. How's your 8800 Battery life?

had pretty good life, def longer than BB pearl. Only had to charge once. Got the phone last wednesday and charged it on tuesday night. med phone usage, lots of email, and general toying around with it

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

There ought to be an option with heavy Telenav use

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

Waoh... Why so much hatred for Cingular. I love them... I guess in MS the have the best reception... By far the 8800 has the best battery. I thought the battery on the Pearl sucked but I thought it was just me...

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

The battery on the 8800 is incredible. Extremely efficient and very powerful.

I thought about carrying the battery from my 8700 just in case, but that was dumb thinking as I have to remind myself to charge the phone the battery is so nice.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My battery life is good. I talked alot 8-10hours que per quč day with bluetooth and email. My battery last throught the day better than previous blackberry devices.

PIN/ID
    219DFD90

pthomas11: That wouldn't work anyway, since the 8800 will reject any battery other than the C-X2.
    First thing I tried when I got mine was to pop in my 8700c's C-S2 battery to see if it would power up. It would not.

I've also tried the C-SM2 battery from the Pearl, and of course that didn't work.
    The same thing happened when the 8700's came out; the C-S2 battery worked in all the older devices, but the black label battery from the 7100T/G will not power any newer device. The C-SM2 will power an 8700, although not nearly as long as the C-S2.

I need to test it again tomorrow, but I wasn't able to get the C-X2 into a Pearl - it physically wouldn't fit in the slot. It does fit just fine in an 8700, though of course you can't put the battery cover back on.
    That reminds me that I need to try charging a C-X2 in the 7100 I use as a battery charger.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just compared 5 batteries and doors. Anybody know what Seidio calls their extended door? LOL I couldn't find a C-H1, C-M2, C-S1 or C-S2 on the Seidio Extended Pearl battery.

Results:
    C-H1: This is the extended battery/door kit released for the 7100T and 7105T. It fits the Pearl with the Pearl extended door.

C-M2: This is the OEM battery/door kit shipped with the Pearl. It fits the 7100T/7105T with OEM door.

C-S1: This is the OEM battery/door kit shipped with the 7100T. It fits the Pearl. The Pearl's battery door fits (I have 2 of these batteries).

C-S2: This is the OEM blue battery/grey door kit that shipped with the 7105T. It fits all 3 devices (Pearl, 7100T/7105T) just as the C-S1. The Pearl OEM door fits the Pearl. This is my personal favorite LMAO

Seidio Extended Pearl battery: The battery fits all 3 devices. Use Pearl extended door or 7100T/7105T extended door.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-01-2007 at 02:11 AM.

PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Seidio seems to have their own numbering scheme for the batteries they sell. The battery models I mentioned are all from the stock batteries you can buy from RIM.

The C-S2 is the battery for the 7105T, 7130E, 7130c, and all 870x models. It fits in the Pearl, but the stock battery cover will not fit with this battery installed in the pearl.
    The C-M2 i(yellow label) is the stock Pearl battery.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Ok, it's been over a week. How's your 8800 Battery life?

I'll be anxious to hear what everyone's battery life is after a few weeks of use. As I recall, my 8700g had extraordinary life in the first few weeks then dropped to its current level after being used for awhile. It is still really good and I get about 3 - 4 days before I need to charge. Let us know!

wordthenerd Guest

I hardly ever charge my phone. I may connect the charger to the device for a cool 10 mins. before I leave home. But with bluetooth active; moderate phone usage; a few emails, ims and some sms activity;some web browsing and after a few playlists spins-- I get about 2 days out of my 8800.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aitch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055C1ED

Battery on mine (and its over 2 months old) seems to last about 1-2 days with BT on, and about 1k mails recv'd and 100 sent.

Amazing piece of kit and would recommend anyone to get one.

PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Just to follow up, the C-X2 does in fact fit in the Pearl. C-M2 is the pearl battery; it doesn't power up the 8800.

The 7100 battery with the black label is the C-S1, and it doens't power up anything newer than the 7105T.

Good responses so far. Should be interesting to see if the battery life drops off then levels off.

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Side note on battery life:

This is a fact. It is very bad for your battery to drain down too much. It is very bad for your batteries cells to drain completely so that your phone shuts off. I could go into a detailed lesson on the batteries cells and how to keep them healthy, but just so you know..........that old tale about how you should run your battery to empty and then charge no longer applies with these types of batteries. Your battery has no "memory" and doesn't deal well when the cells are depleted. Just a little advice for fellow stackers.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

thank you for the last option. brilliant.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast