I have some sort of message icon I can't identify at the top of my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Odd message icon

Advertisement

I have some sort of message icon I can't identify at the top of my screen (where the message indicators are). It looks like a bubble or possibly a globe with a '1' beside it. The only clue I have is that I had a link sent to my phone to install a game...the text I got said, 'For Chill Mobile, use the wap service link that was sent to this phone. If not received, go to...". Where do I find this so I can get rid of this icon? In other words, where would I find wap service links?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Re: Odd message icon

It should be listed under your messages. If you still can't find it anywhere you might have to do a battery pull to clear it out.

gunslinger595 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2440f435

Sounds like its a bb messenger alert that is a smiley face.
    I also get bb weather pushed to my curve. It looks like a globe usualy with a number 1 or 2 by it. If so check your sms messages , you should see something there.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks. I should have been more clear. It wasn't the smiley face icon for messenger...it was a light bluish color with no smiley face. I finally got rid of it by clicking on 'make prior read' in messages. It's a kind of message I hadn't gotten before so I didn't recognize the icon. I did find it finally in my message list but the icon for that was also bluish, so I didn't see it. Thanks for the responses.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

May have been a browser message