Hey all, I've been surfing the Net to find out how to make the volume ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Immobius no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30567A45

Notifier tune - too loud?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I've been surfing the Net to find out how to make the volume on my notifier tunes on my 8800 quieter, but haven't had much success.

Currently I have the Tune "Notifier_Greeter" on low volume while in the Holster (using Vibe+Tone); I'm still scaring some co-workers when I get an email. I've tried several different Tunes to see if it was just the tune itself, but consistently get a loud notification - luckily the vibe is quiet as a mouse. I know the volume setting works because the tunes get much louder when i change the volume setting to something higher.

Any ideas on what i can do to bring the volume down?

Thanks in advance for your help.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Notifier tune - too loud?

What a pain!

Unfortunately I don't have the technical answer to your question, but for me I keep my email/reminder messages on vibrate whenever it's in the holster and then phone on vibrate + tome for phone, and then when I'm at my desk I keep it on Phone Only so that my third-party emails don't vibrate/chime in every 5 minutes. I also keep my BB on Phone Only during the weekend so I feel I have control over when to check it instead of feeling like Pavlov's Dog, which always happens whenever I hear it or feel it... I GO RUNNING for my BB.

Hope this helps, though I know it doesn't for your exact issue.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~First I'm thrilled that Blackberry finally made the phone louder. How is the phone volume when you are talking on it? Does it still need to be at 100% and then some?

As for making tunes softer, as long as you have an MP3 file on your PC you can edit it for a slew of effects including changing the volume. If its a stock ringtone that came with your BB abandon it and go for one you can edit.

1) Get a premade ringtone from http://www.tuneusin.com/Ringtones.html or http://www.mobile41.com/mp3.htm

2) If it works, celebrate with a WooHoo bar

3) If it doesn't, download the free Audacity sound editor from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

3a) Download http://download.overnet.org/lame/lame-3.96.1.zip and extract only the lame_enc.dll file into your Audacity folder.

4) Start Audacity and open an MP3 ringtone. Then press CTRL-A to select the whole ringtone. Select Effect from the menu and then Amplify. Set the volume and let it run. Save the MP3. The first time you save an MP3 it will ask for the location of the lame_enc.dll file.

5) Transfer the MP3 to your Blackberry and test it.

6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until satisfied.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Not a bad idea, just a shame it's so much work! LOL

I liked the Nokia's back in the day, you could have it make one beep (wasn't too loud, and wasn't too soft!)...

Immobius no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30567A45

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to try Bart's idea and see if i can soften some of the volume off my tunes. It IS nice to have the ability to have loud tunes, just wish there were a better way to change the volume on the tunes I like.

I'll let you know how I make out - it does seem like a lot of work, but I think it's probably worth it in the end.

Thanks again for the help!