Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have not been receiving all my emails to my Bb 8800, in fact today ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

4thgenlude no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240f5bce

Not receiving all my emails on my phone.

Advertisement

I have not been receiving all my emails to my Bb 8800, in fact today I didnt receive any. I came home and checked my Outlook 2007 and there were definitely emails that I had received to my inbox.
    A yesterday I received some of them, but not all of them.

I tried to turn it off then back on, and I ran the diagnostic test but it said everything was fine. Also I can go on the internet just fine.

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

thanks very much

-Charlie

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Not receiving all my emails on my phone.

Hi Charlie,

Do you have any problems sending and do you have any filters set up on the BIS site?

Try re-sending your Service Books and then restart your phone and see if that helps at all.
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 09-05-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    Hi Charlie,

Do you have any problems sending and do you have any filters set up on the BIS site?
    Well it appears I can no longer send emails either. I sent myself a test email about 5 minutes ago, and Outlook hasnt found it yet.

And no, as far as I know I dont have any filters setup.

Thank you very much for the help.

-Charlie

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Does it show the check mark on your phone where it sent? If it didn't send, you would get a red "X" there.

Yeah, I would try re-sending your service books and doing a restart and then do a test email or two and/or give it a few minutes and see if it finds previous emails it hasn't downloaded. However, if you have already opened your Outlook and had it download any emails, it will not pull those emails to the BB unless your Outlook is setup to "Keep mail on server for X # of days".

Let me know if you resolve the issue...

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

Does it show the check mark on your phone where it sent? If it didn't send, you would get a red "X" there.

Yeah, I would try re-sending your service books and doing a restart and then do a test email or two and/or give it a few minutes and see if it finds previous emails it hasn't downloaded. However, if you have already opened your Outlook and had it download any emails, it will not pull those emails to the BB unless your Outlook is setup to "Keep mail on server for X # of days".

Let me know if you resolve the issue...
    I sent two different emails, and the check appeared right to the left as if it sent them. But I have yet to receive either one in my inbox.

And I just sent a third test email from Outlook and it was in my inbox within a minute, but didnt appear on the BB at all.

I appreciate the help.

-Charlie

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

I just ran the Device Diagnostic and it said it didnt connect to CharlieM_99@hotmail.com (my email address)

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Ok, if I understand correctly, you sent an email to yourself from Outlook to Outlook. As I posted above, if you have Outlook open and you do not have, under Advanced Options, the box checked to leave messages on the server for, say 2 days, the BB is never going to see that email because the BB is designed to push email to you that you are not in front of Outlook, or whatever mail service you use, to receive it.

Did you resend the Service Books and power off and back on the device?

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

Ok, if I understand correctly, you sent an email to yourself from Outlook to Outlook. As I posted above, if you have Outlook open and you do not have, under Advanced Options, the box checked to leave messages on the server for, say 2 days, the BB is never going to see that email because the BB is designed to push email to you that you are not in front of Outlook, or whatever mail service you use, to receive it.

Did you resend the Service Books and power off and back on the device?

oooh okay, I missinterpreted what you said. I thought for some reason that only if you opened an email in Outlook it would not be sent to the Blackberry.

I powered it off and on, how do I resend service books?

Sorry, Im kind of new to this.

thanks

-Charlie

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

It's okay. We were all new at some point. Go to your BIS site, like alltel.blackberry.com or mycingular.blackberry.com, whatever carrier you have. Login to the site and on the left side you will have the option to "Send Service Books".

Or you can go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, scroll down to the one in BOLD and then click and select Register Now.

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

It's okay. We were all new at some point. Go to your BIS site, like alltel.blackberry.com or mycingular.blackberry.com, whatever carrier you have. Login to the site and on the left side you will have the option to "Send Service Books".

Or you can go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, scroll down to the one in BOLD and then click and select Register Now.
    Wow, thanks man.
    I just resent the service books, and sent another test email with outlook off.

But it has not been received yet by the bb.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Ok, give it a little bit because the "push" service likes to send emails when it's ready. If you haven't been receiving mail lately, it may hold it up to 30 minutes before sending it. The data is sent in "packets" and it wants to use as many of those packets at one time rather than wasting a data transmission for one email. However, it is smart enough to know when you have been sending or receiving alot of email, say in almost a conversation type time-frame and it will push the emails to you almost instantly. So, sometimes it is tempramental :-).

I hope that works. If not, you have greater issues than what I can resolve and a call to tech support may be in your future.

Good luck...
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 09-05-2007 at 08:35 PM.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Can you check and make sure any other data is or isn't working on your BB? Tried the browser and media net? Do you have any BBM contacts, and if so try sending to see if that is working.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

Ok, give it a little bit because the "push" service likes to send emails when it's ready. If you haven't been receiving mail lately, it may hold it up to 30 minutes before sending it. The data is sent in "packets" and it wants to use as many of those packets at one time rather than wasting a data transmission for one email. However, it is smart enough to know when you have been sending or receiving alot of email, say in almost a conversation type time-frame and it will push the emails to you almost instantly. So, sometimes it is tempramental :-).

I hope that works. If not, you have greater issues than what I can resolve and a call to tech support may be in your future.

Good luck...
    Well I still havent received any emails that I sent to myself or ones other people have sent to me. And the emails I sent from my bb have not appeared in my inbox. Yeah, i think ill have to call tech support, at least t-mobile has pretty good customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303
    Can you check and make sure any other data is or isn't working on your BB? Tried the browser and media net? Do you have any BBM contacts, and if so try sending to see if that is working.
    Yeah, the internet works fine. And no I dont have any BBM contacts, I dont really use that service.

thanks for your help guys.

-Charlie

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

Well I gave up on it for awhile because I was too busy, but I just received 4 emails from yesterday all at once, one of which was the test email I sent from Outlook. These 4 emails were the only ones that I did not delete from my Outlook inbox.

I just sent a test email from my bb so we'll see what happens.

And I just received the email to outlook!!

Well see if the bb gets it anytime soon.
    Last edited by 4thgenlude; 09-06-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    240f5bce

And I just received the email, sent from my bb, on my bb.

I dont know what fixed it, but its working now.

thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

-Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast