Hi! This is my situation, hope you can help as it's really important that i ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

speida no está en línea Stack level 2

No more emails or internet :( pls help!!

Advertisement

Hi!

This is my situation, hope you can help as it's really important that i receive my emails

I'm on O2 UK, two weeks ago i went to italy, with the roaming blackberry option i was able to receive emails and to browse the internet. The day after i went to france, same thing everything was working fine, fast and brilliant. Then after 2 days i went back to italy and everything was still working fine.

A week later (friday night) i travalled from italy to france (same place where i went the week before) but this time i don't get any emails and i can't browse anything on the internet!!

The connection is full and it says EDGE (or GPRS sometimes, but mostly EDGE) just like the week before, but i don't get what has changed!!!

Please please help!! I don't know what to do!!! It's really weird that it was working a week ago and now it doesn't!

thanks a lot!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: No more emails or internet :( pls help!!

It sounds like you got hold of a network that O2 doesn't have arrangements with. On your BlackBerry go to Manage Connections, scroll down to Mobile Network Options and hit [Enter]. If there's more than one network listed, see if you can change to a different network. Otherwise you may need to contact O2 directly for support.
    JerryD

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

That sounds like what I ran into overseas last month too. When I powered up my phone after stepping off the plane, it grabbed onto a network that was GSM only and no data. As this was my first international trip, I wrote it off to incompatibilities until my email withdrawl set in.

A few days later I decided to figure it out, and set my network to manual as described above. Four networks appeared, so I switched to another one other than the one I was currently set for, and boom -- EDGE indicator and a flood of emails. Okay, well not a flood but I did get caught up on the last few days' emails.

yaya sorry, i should have said it earlier... i tried that before, that's why now it says edge, before it said only gprs, but nothing.. still no email (((

lol i took out the battery and back in and it turned on and i got aaaaalll my emails hehe

sry for the new thread