My BB8820 doesn't charge any more on my ac/dc home plug. I'll tried three different ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Taxman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question No charging on ac/dc homeplug - help

Advertisement

My BB8820 doesn't charge any more on my ac/dc home plug. I'll tried three different homeplugs. The BB still charges on USB cable connected to my laptop (so I still can use the BB).
    Another BB8820 does charge on the same home plug fine, so I am sure it's a problem of my BB.
    I only find problems with USB charging on this forum.
    Any idea's??

capo14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~maybe the problem is the charger? Why don't you try with a different charger?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If one BB charges and one does not, on the same charger, you may have a USB port problem on one BB. You just have to continue trying different combinations until you figure it out. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I'll tried with different chargers, without succes. And those chargers do charge other BB's.

Then it sounds like a USB port problem. FYI, there are 5 prongs in the port - you can see them with a magnifying glass and a good light. Sometimes they get bent is such a way that you can see it from the outside. I currently have a problem with a Pearl that allows my BB to charge but NOT connect to DM and none of the prongs are visibly bent. My problem is at the back of the USB port where it connects to the main board and it's UN-fixable.

If your phone is under some type warranty with your carrier simply have them replace it. If not, in many cases a bad USB port can be replaced to fix the problem - I recommend a reputable repair service to do that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    If your phone is under some type warranty with your carrier simply have them replace it. If not, in many cases a bad USB port can be replaced to fix the problem - I recommend a reputable repair service to do that.
    Thankx so far for your comments. I think it is an odd USB issue. I will try RMA (under warranty?)

If you've had it under a year, it should be still covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Longer than that, unless you pay for coverage through your carrier, it's probably not. Let us know how it goes.

I let you know

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I got a new one from our company it-department. I assume they send it RMA under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I got a new one from our company it-department. I assume they send it RMA under warranty.
    Glad you got it taken care of - always like to an easy resolution.