Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know this is a topic thats been brought up b4, but I'm tired and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

no 8800 on TMO?

Advertisement

I know this is a topic thats been brought up b4, but I'm tired and lazy...The other day, while doing some last minute shopping, I stopped at the TMO store and asked about the 8800. For once the person actually sounded like she heard of the blackberry! But she also said that she heard that tmobile wasn't getting the 8800 and wasn't anticipating any new BB's in '07. Now this shocking revelation was sonn suspect when she immediatly started trying to sell me a pearl.
    Also, a little off subject, but has anyone seen that new cingular 'Blackjack'? I think its a motorola or something. Can anyone say rip off?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The blackjack is a Samsung. And no fears, the 8800 will be out on tmobile, very soon...

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    There has been some talk on engadget, BB hub, or one of the other websites stating that the 8800 will be released in 1st quarter 2007.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I took a look at a Blackjack at a Cingular store last week. To me, it felt very cheap and flimsey. Like it would shatter if I dropped it.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    Better give me an 8800 tmo lol an your right the rep was trying to sell touysomthing
    Also regaring the blackjack rim is filling a patent enfringment lawsuit.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    I hope that the 8800 will be just as good as the 8700g. I was disappointed in the 8100. The phone quality wasn't as good as the 8700c or 8700g and the speaker for the speakerphone was covered by that metal plate that has the BlackBerry name on it. :-(

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    I think T-mo will get the 8800 because from what I've seen T-mo is big on blackberries. They got the Pearl, 8700 so i dont see any reason for them not to get the 8800

beasthr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CD831
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i talked to a rep last week and he looked up the 8800 and said the tmobile isn't slated to carry it.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by beasthr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i talked to a rep last week and he looked up the 8800 and said the tmobile isn't slated to carry it.

See thats the thing each rep tells you something different so I wouldnt go on that. Call it a gut feeling but it seems to me that they will have it.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    A rep I spoke to only told me that she heard things about it, but they hadn't started training for it yet. Usually they train 3-4 weeks before release, so it's at least a month away.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    of course there will be an 8800 on tmobile.. their Tmobile.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

I bet ya there will be. My pearl is already beat up. They should have it.

PIN/ID
    240582a8
    Lol they ar called SALES REP for a reson always expect they will try to sell you a bodel they are famillir with. Yeah I took my 8700g over the perl

PIN/ID
    240582a8
    Beat up pearl lol I tokk the 8700 over ther perl beacuse of durability issues

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Call a CSR rep and tell them u have a 532 JVM error, see what they tell you.

Go to a TMobile store and ask them about TMobile 3G, see what they tell you.

Sales reps are just that. They are trying to sell you something. It would be like walking into a car dealership and asking about next years model. They will beat around the bush. Why? Because they aren't trying to make a sales comission 3 months down the road, they are trying to close the sale today. No matter if its cell phone sales, vacuum cleaner sales, car sales: bottom line is make the sale today.

Is there a new model coming out? No there isn't. But look at this beauty right here that I have that u can walk out of the store with today! Its a tactic. Plus, 90% of sales reps have no idea until the company actually makes an official release.

Will TMo get the 8800? Yes.

Has an average sales person seen or played with it or gone thru training on it? Not yet.

Have some members of TMobile BlackBerry support seen and played with the 8800? Yes. And when I say BlackBerry support, I am not referring to when you call TMobile and they send you to BB support to get your service books pushed. Much higher up on the ladder than that one.

Always remember also, confidentiality statements, too. Unlike the 8100 and the 8700, RIM is keeping close watch on the 8800 series leaks.

That being said though, expect to start seeing some leaked pictures of the official device within the first 10-14 days of 2007.

Hope this all makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast