Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think this phone is much more attractive then the 8100. I'm glad I broke ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: News: Photos of the BlackBerry 8800 GammaRay

Advertisement

I think this phone is much more attractive then the 8100. I'm glad I broke my iPOD and had to replace it instead of purchasing the 8100.

Jim

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

The battery is bigger, not smaller. Pushing down on the BB Logo releases the bottom half of the cover and shows the battery and the memory card slot (which is now hot swapable on the 8800). And the one shown is thinner but wider than an 8700 but this picture isn't the current or final plastics.

The Escape key was never a convenience key. The trackwheel went so RIM could make the 8100 thinner. Because there was a redesign in function there was a redesign in useability. Your thumb will no longer be on the right of the device so the right escape key isn't "convenient". However, the design means that the right index finger will be over the left convenience key.

And talking on the phone and receiving emails at the same time is a restriction of the network, not of the BlackBerry.

Blkberryman no está en línea Stack level 2

So do yall think the bb 8800 will be named the pearl 2?

jskillz33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c1a38c

It looks sweet but I want multimedia functons built in, an expansion slot, and as someone mention earlier the abilty to SEND attachments. I'm doing just fine w/o a camera on my phone. Let's be real we really don't need it and chances are you can count on one hand the amount of times you wish you had one. If this BB can come through with the things I mentioned, ill drop the $ and continue living in BB heaven.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Different people have different needs. Just because you don't need/want a camera doesn't mean that other people don't want/need a camera. You can always choose to not use a function that you're not going to need. In any case, there will be two versions released anyway (one with, one without) so there's no need to get all worked up about a single feature.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

ok silly question, but based on the first picture of the 8800--where is the speaker for the speakerphone and ringer? Am I just missing it?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Underneath the battery cover. What are the chances you have looked at a pearl and seen it there? Same crappy design. Hopefully they fix it before they release it.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Maybe this will help....2nd page of this thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/67590-post41.html

jsmall88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240C4EFE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when is this expected to come out and what carriers?

wow!!! I thought that might be it---how loud is it on the Pearl? I haven't seen one as of yet (At least in person). It does get rid of the problem I have with my 8700c and the OEM leather sleeper case that has no hole cut out for the speaker on the back. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJo008
    wow!!! I thought that might be it---how loud is it on the Pearl?
    Absolutely horrible, which has lead a lot of us pearl owners to drill holes in the back of our devices just so we can hear the speaker clearly.

wow---major turn off for me for the 8800--hopefully, like you said, they will change that before it is officially released.

FLIPP_96 no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't know if someome has asked this or not but on BG reports, BG states that the 8800 will have intergrated GPS. However, on the marketing slides, there is wording to the effect that IF there is intergrated GPS. So what is it? Do some have GPS and other do not?

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wordthenerd
    That would be the answer to the question; who WANTS a camera intergrated into their phone.
    I love having a camera on my phone. My 10-month old does something new everyday, and when I want to capture that, I don't have to run and find my digital camera, I can pull out my phone and snap. I think it's a great feature. And while it my not be 5MPs like my cam, the 1.3 isn't horrific and better than nothing. To each his (and her) own.
    ..::simpLexity::..

Thussy no está en línea Stack level 1
    If I recall what a BOY GENIUS REPORT stated, there will be two version of this guy.

The one without camera is called Crimson, and the one with Camera is called Indigo. What other differences will there be?

Btw, I can see how a lot of companies would prefer having no cameras on their Blackberries.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast