Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah it is kinda disappointing! I looked at the 8100 and the 8700g ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

Re: News: Photos of the BlackBerry 8800 GammaRay

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah it is kinda disappointing! I looked at the 8100 and the 8700g today. The pearl is groundbreaking! Iam trying to get my freind to buy a BB and the pearl is the closest to what the MDA offers. This thin phone looks like rim is trying to be a Motorola Q without the camera! I think the 8700 with WIFI would be more of an upgrade. RIM can use the pearl types for consumers and the 8700 type for its corporate consumers.

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the pictures flash24 that 8800 looks great and the qwerty keyboard is a musthave for me.

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2

will this have dual processor so we can talk on the fon and get or compose emails at the same time?

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Quote Originally Posted by natemack
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This is dissapointing. The 8800 isn't much different besides looks and a trackball than the 8700s and I was expecting something groundbreaking like the pearl
    i beleive that the 8800 possess a wi-fi radio.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I can't wait! So glad I've got T-Mobile.

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone hear think the 8800 should have a shutter to hide the camera for those who want one but are not allowed one?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~For all who want a camera or are still hoping for one on the 8800 I am sorry to say that its just not happening. RIM put one in the Pearl to reach a new broader demographic, but the 8800 is geared for the loyal professional market. It will NOT have a camera, no matter how bad anyone wants one. If you want a camera you will have to look elsewhere.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

As long as it has Wi-Fi and multimedia capability, it's mine!!!

jamesgraylx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203f5731

if we got cameras we got video, has bb thought streaming video like 3g is it?

ie we can phone another bb and see their ugly mug smiling back! I think that might be cool.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Wi-Fi YES!!! and CDMA. Thats what I want. WiFi on CDMA...please.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yes, to whoever wrote that above, they should offer a shutter or something equilvalent not only for those who can't have one (even though BES can shut it down), but to protect the lens itself since.

Okay, first off. Notice the lack of a 2nd convenience key on the right hand side on the Tmobile Model? However it does appear on the other two models? Hmm...

On the other two models, I see again that RIM has made a design flaw with the placement of the convenience keys, as many Pearl owners will tell you. The keys are just flat out too low on the device. Move them up to where the key was before on the righthand side right underneath where the trackwheel was.

A: I have opened the camera numerous times when I have gone to grab the phone.

B: Its a pain in the *** to type and hold the device comfortably and type, because of where they keys are.

RIM, fix this, because unless your testers and developers have some strange Lord Of The Rings deformed hands, you know this is an issue, so address it.

Also, it looks as if they did away with the back visible speaker for the speakerphone. Another WTF move. For those of you that have the Pearl, you can confirm this also that the speakerphone option to put it bluntly sucks. You can't hear anything unless you are sitting in a soundproof room and barely breathing. Try it for yourself. Take the back off of the Pearl while you have audio playing and notice the massive difference.

All that can be simply fixed by just either making the speaker like it is on the 8700, or by just drilling a hole or making a speaker grid in the back of the battery cover.

Also, what is the copper looking oval area on the left hand side of the 8800? It looks the same type of copper thingie on the back of the 8100's. Wondering if thats the battery release? I dunno. On the 8100 they seem kind of pointless unless they plan on making a standup charger at some point, but even then, it doesn't look like thats what they are for.

I am just hoping that the above pictures and the pictures on engadget are the final product, or some of you are going to be disappointed, trust me.

1. What is this?

2. Looks like same crappy design as pearl for the speakerphone by making just a slit in the top plastic.

3. Where's the convenience key?

4. How does the back come off. This will have to be the smallest battery in history or else both parts of the back panel come off (since there is a slit all the way across 1/2 way up it.

wordthenerd Guest

F--- a camera. That all black is sexy. I hope Cinuglar carries that particular style/model (which they most likely won't.) A bluetooth camera is a pretty cool idea but, that's much like your typical digi. CDMA? Yea, that would be cool too but I already have great gsm coverage and hspda isn't going to make much of a difference given the fact that performance is limited to the speed of the processor in the device. I'll be happy if I can throw some mp3's on my device, use it for mass storage and finally be able to SEND attatchments. That's another thing... I'd like broader attachment support and OBEX. And, the pearl is far from groundbreaking. I'd say its more past-due than anything. I don't even think suretype devices look that hot. I like that 72xx/87xx series form factor. So, I'll wait impatiently on further details concerning the 8800.

The Roc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

1) they are battery charging contacts just like the pearl. Rim announced a desktop charging stand for it before launch.

2) you're correct. bad design.

3) convience key for the left hand side is above the charging contacts on picture one. No right hand key exists because of the return button located next to the end button. Also there is no camera so no other side key is needed.

4) pressing down on the bb logo on the back of the phone releases the cover which exposes most of the phone.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

IMO, needs a second convenince key, since doing away with the front one like they have the 8700's. Just like on the pearl, the right hand side one can be reprogrammed to whatever you want it to be. For example, on my 8700 the front I kept programmed for the browser and the other for messages. That way whenever I recieve a message, I don't have to open the list, scroll down, blah. A TON quicker to have 2 convenience keys, atleast to me.

And with the pressing down on the BB logo, does that mean the back battery case comes off in 2 parts? If you zoom closely into that picture, you can see that there is a slit that runs from one side of the back of the device to the other that goes directly under the BB logo. Thats what has me thinking that either A: Thats not a finished product. B: The battery will be tiny. C: The battery cover has 2 parts, either of the 3 above which I believe will be flawed. Just my $0.02.

The Roc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    IMO, needs a second convenince key, since doing away with the front one like they have the 8700's. Just like on the pearl, the right hand side one can be reprogrammed to whatever you want it to be. For example, on my 8700 the front I kept programmed for the browser and the other for messages. That way whenever I recieve a message, I don't have to open the list, scroll down, blah. A TON quicker to have 2 convenience keys, atleast to me.

And with the pressing down on the BB logo, does that mean the back battery case comes off in 2 parts? If you zoom closely into that picture, you can see that there is a slit that runs from one side of the back of the device to the other that goes directly under the BB logo. Thats what has me thinking that either A: Thats not a finished product. B: The battery will be tiny. C: The battery cover has 2 parts, either of the 3 above which I believe will be flawed. Just my $0.02.
    i understand your reasoning behind the second conv. key. i myself wouldnt use it but its a valid point.

as far as the battery, it was explained to me like this. When pressing down on the bb logo, the two pins that hold the battery cover in place are depressed making the battery cover slide up.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast