Hey guys, Im new to the forum and to owning a blackberry. I just bought ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

vetteman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c7bc3a

Newbie with questions!

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and to owning a blackberry. I just bought an 8830 (Alltel) the other day and i have a few questions:

1) ive tried everything to get the blackberry to pair with my macbook so i can send files from computer to BB. Nothing works--the computer shows up but then no message displays on my computer when the blackberry asks for numeric input.

2) is there any way to turn off the key volume when dialing a phone number? I have the master key volume switched to off, but it still generates tones when dialing from the desktop.

3) Is there any way to get email messages on my phone to disappear as soon as they are deleted off of the mail server (via my computer) without expressly syncing with the computer? Right now, whenever i delete my read mail off my computer, they still stay visible on my BB, whereas if i delete them via the blackberry, they disappear off the computer.

Sorry for all the questions!

Chris

vetteman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c7bc3a

Re: Newbie with questions!

Thanks! I gotta say from the little ive gotten to know it, the 8830 is awesome!

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

Welcome!

1. I am unable to pair my phone (both pearl and 8800) with my mac either. I've read somewhere that that's just how it is. I can't remember the explanation nor did i fully understand it...I have a few friends with both a blackberry and a mac and none have been successful in paring the two...

2. The tone you hear is coming from the phone ear piece, and not the keys. you can lower the volume of the tones by lowering volume of your phone with the keys on the side

3. i use gmail and i know that while it does synchronize wirelessly, it doesn't do it right away, from pc to phone. i discussed this issue with RIM awhile ago. while your mail will disppear immediated from your pc as soon as you delete it from your phone, it takes up to 6 hours for your mail to disappear in the phone after you delete it from the pc...

i hope this help!

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

I have successfully paired my BB to a Mac via bt. Make sure your phone is in discoverable mode under bt options. If it doesn't work one way try the other way around.
    Nope, the dialing tones can't be disabled.

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oh let me rephrase, you can pair them but can't send files that way. Sorry for the confusion

Gusndr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2514177A

I had this problem with my Acer notebook built in Bluetooth, i guess its the internal software that comes with it, i used external USB bluetooth with the software that comes with it and its working perfectly. give it a try maybe it will work.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman
    Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and to owning a blackberry. I just bought an 8830 (Alltel) the other day and i have a few questions:

1) ive tried everything to get the blackberry to pair with my macbook so i can send files from computer to BB. Nothing works--the computer shows up but then no message displays on my computer when the blackberry asks for numeric input.

2) is there any way to turn off the key volume when dialing a phone number? I have the master key volume switched to off, but it still generates tones when dialing from the desktop.

3) Is there any way to get email messages on my phone to disappear as soon as they are deleted off of the mail server (via my computer) without expressly syncing with the computer? Right now, whenever i delete my read mail off my computer, they still stay visible on my BB, whereas if i delete them via the blackberry, they disappear off the computer.

Sorry for all the questions!

Chris
    1 - I have a Mac but I am on OS 4.1 and do not have the sync capabilities.

2 - I believe that has been answered for you

3 - Go into your email options on your BB and under Email Reconciliation, you can set that to delete on your Handheld, or your Handheld and the Server when deleting on the BB. You can also go under BIS and turn off the "Auto BCC" feature if you do not want to get a copy of every email you send from your BB.

Good luck and welcome...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE