Nice new 8820 but - I need to carry a copy of my emails around ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

aloening no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie - email question

Advertisement

Nice new 8820 but -
    I need to carry a copy of my emails around with me. I did this with my previous Win Mobile device. Saves having to lug the laptop with me everywhere. I kept that last 30 days e-mails on that device.

Using the BB I don't seem to be able to do this. I only get e-mails that the BIS sent me. This is not a complete copy of all e-mails because when I am working in the office my PC pulls down e-mails very frequently so because BIS only scans for e-mails every few minutes new e-mails never get to the BB.

Am I missing something - what is the point of an e-mail device that does not have all your e-mails on it?

Any help gratefully received.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Set your email program to keep a copy of email on the server for one day. That will keep a copy long enough for the BIS to pull it.

aloening no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good idea - thanks. Probably will go for a bit longer because there are times when the BB is off.

by the way - I got the 8820 because of its Wifi - I travel a lot and the roaming changes for GPRS data are hi, so I thought I would put the BB into Wifi only mode when overseas - then it will get e-mail only in a hotspot. Am I right in this assumption?

Sorry for being so ignorant of the BB - I had a WM6 machine that drove me made with hangup and crashes so thought the BB may be better.

Ta.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't really have the answer to that question. Someone will probably be around soon that does.