i currently use a curve and i would like to get a backup phone. i ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

new to 8800

Advertisement

i currently use a curve and i would like to get a backup phone. i can get a 8800 on ebay for around $170. I was just wandering if the 8800 play's video and/or has stereo bluetooth. The 8820 is around $140 more, and i did not know if it was worth the money. thanks

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    My 8830 does play video/bluetooth. Here's a link with specs for the 8800 though-

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/rim/...erry-8800.html

Hope this helps

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I know the 8800 will support video playback as long as you have a media card. But it doesn't support stereo bluetooth. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    i currently use a curve and i would like to get a backup phone. i can get a 8800 on ebay
    I have both the 8310 Curve and the 8820.

My take is that it's not worth the extra money (the 88xx series) as the keyboard is not as comfortable or easy to use as the Curve. I have slightly large hands. I expected the 88xx series to be more comfortable for me, so that's the first one I purchased. However since the keys are side by side with no space between them like the 83xx series, I found it uncomfortable and hard to adjust to.

So for sake of comparison and in an effort to get one that would work better for me I purchased the 8300. It turned out to be perfect and a huge improvement even though the keyboard is smaller. The keys have a nice space between them, and it's the best BB keyboard I've had. Also, even though it's a bit smaller, it actually is more comfortable to hold for long periods of time.

In fact it was my total satisfaction with the 8300 that caused me to decide to upgrade to the 8310.

So there's my take, for what it's worth.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    thanks for the info. i went ahead and ordered a 8310. i appreciated all of your quick responses.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    thanks for the info. i went ahead and ordered a 8310. i appreciated all of your quick responses.
    Your Welcome!

Enjoy your new BlackBerry!

Cheers...

Robm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I believe when the new os comes out, the bb8800 will support stereo