Sorry if this is a repeat question. I've spent a few days reading the forums ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

dsera no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New Member - 8800 SMS backup issue

Advertisement

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I've spent a few days reading the forums and I've done searches hoping to find this already answered.

My problem is, I have a few SMS messages that I have marked as saved on my Blackberry. They show up in the Saved Messages folder but when I run the backup from my desktop manager, they are not being backed up. At least not that I can tell. I'm using ABC Amber Blackberry to view them from the backup file. Is this my issue to fix or is this software just not viewing the Saved Messages folder?

And is there a way to move them from the Saved Messages folder back to the normal Inbox/Outbox so that I can make this work?

Thanks!!
    Cristina

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: New Member - 8800 SMS backup issue

I use ipd, but try making a backup, w/ DM, of only the saved messages. Does this make sense?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

It does make sense but I don't see that option. When I open the DM and go to Advanced to pick and choose, I see Saved Email and SMS Messages but nothing about Saved SMS Messages. Am I missing something?

Sorry for being such a newb, this is my first smart phone/PDA and I'm pretty clueless. Good thing for me I'm computer savvy or I'd be so confused right now.

Nobody else has any ideas on this?

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

On the Pearl, saved messages are down toward the bottom, in advanced, even though they are 'greyed' out, you can back them up.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1