Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

that's great! sometimes you fix your own problems... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: New BlackBerry 8800 user with Cingular - questions on issues

Advertisement

that's great! sometimes you fix your own problems

surfwmn7 no está en línea Stack level 2

of course after realizing what an idiot you looked like for not figuring it out the first 20 times.

this is a dumb question, but the hang up (red phone), answer (green phone), menu (blackberry design) and return to previous option (the stylized arrow) keys by the track ball.... are they supposed to be well lit. Because mine aren't to bright and I have my brightness all the way up.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

on the pearl, mine aren't as bright as the 'numbered' keys. i think its ok

okay, mines like that too.... just didn't want to be thinking my phone is broken already.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by surfwmn7
    1. My current plantronics bluetooth does not work with it, any recommendations on other bluetooths that do work with it.
    What do you mean by does not work? Did you pair the headset with the 8800 (you have to do this for any BT headset)?

3. My phone has a red blinking light on it what does that mean and how do I take it off. I suspect it has something to do with my email box, an indicator of email being in the inbox, but wasn't certain. It goes to green once I open the emails.
    In profiles, look at repeat notifcation. A setting of LED flashing will cause the LED to flash red for the given alert.

4. On my 8700c in the general email options if you set the device to show sent messages it would only show emails I sent on the device itself and not the emails I sent from my work computer. On the 8800 it shows emails that I sent on my computer (desktop) through enterprise and through my device. Why does it do that. The only way to avoid this is by turning off the show sent emails option. Which does not show any emails sent whether through device or on your desktop. Anyone know how I can show sent messages from my device but not my desktop or is there no choice.
    If you're on BES "sent messages" means messages sent from the handheld or the desktop. BES really integrates your BB into your mailbox unlike BIS. A workaround is to hide sent items and then hit Alt-O in Messages if you need to see them. IIRC you'll also see outgoing calls though...

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1. Plantronics headsets and BlackBerry have a history of not being compatible.
    Really? I've used my Plantronics Voyager 510 with three different models without any problems... In fact, I highly recommend this headset.
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-21-2007 at 11:24 AM.

[quote=takeshi]What do you mean by does not work? Did you pair the headset with the 8800 (you have to do this for any BT headset)?

I tried pairing it and it wouldn't. It worked with my 8700C. Oh well. I ordered a new one that will work with my 8800 and will sell the other one when I sell my 8700c.

If you're on BES "sent messages" means messages sent from the handheld or the desktop. BES really integrates your BB into your mailbox unlike BIS. A workaround is to hide sent items and then hit Alt-O in Messages if you need to see them. IIRC you'll also see outgoing calls though...

I had the same email settings in my 8700C and when I had the show sent messages, it never showed emails I sent from my desktop on my blackberry, it would only show emails that I sent from my blackberry (including the enterprise emails I would send from the blackberry).

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

I had the same email settings in my 8700C and when I had the show sent messages, it never showed emails I sent from my desktop on my blackberry, it would only show emails that I sent from my blackberry (including the enterprise emails I would send from the blackberry).
    Then There was something wrong with your 8700, BC they ALL show both. If for some reason you dont have a very strong connection with your bes\carrier you wont see the messages you sent from your desktop for a while, but they should always show.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use the samsung wep200 with mine everything works great even voice dial

gnab01 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    23F21180

On #4: Open your Messages folder, press the Menu key and click on Options. Click on Email Settings. Click the Menu key, click on Folder Redirection. Highlight any collapsed folders (has a + next to it). Press the Space Bar to expand them. When you find the Sent Items folder, highlight it and press the Space Bar to uncheck it. Click the Menu key and Save. You will onlyl see Sent Items from the Blackberry now and not from your desktop client.

Quote Originally Posted by gnab01
    On #4: Open your Messages folder, press the Menu key and click on Options. Click on Email Settings. Click the Menu key, click on Folder Redirection. Highlight any collapsed folders (has a + next to it). Press the Space Bar to expand them. When you find the Sent Items folder, highlight it and press the Space Bar to uncheck it. Click the Menu key and Save. You will onlyl see Sent Items from the Blackberry now and not from your desktop client.
    YAHOOOOOOOO!!! IT WORKED! The IT people at my office couldn't even figure out how to do that. At first it showed all sent messages (desktop and BB) once I changed everything, and then I deleted the messages, shut my device down and powered up. I sent a message from my desktop and it didn't show up on my device.

THANKS MUCH!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Cool -- it's not the default config. Did you not set this up for your 8700?? I guess it really doesn't matter.

I tried pairing it and it wouldn't. It worked with my 8700C. Oh well. I ordered a new one that will work with my 8800 and will sell the other one when I sell my 8700c.
    Hopefully it's not the BB. I had a BT headset that just wouldn't enter pairing mode for some reason. It remained paired with my older BB but I couldn't pair it with anything else.
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-22-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12