Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Figured I would ask here, I tried to search to see if the following issues ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

surfwmn7 no está en línea Stack level 2

New BlackBerry 8800 user with Cingular - questions on issues

Advertisement

Figured I would ask here, I tried to search to see if the following issues had been addressed, but I couldn't find them... so sorry if they have been addressed already.

I am a new 8800 user with Cingular and previously had the 8700c.

Few questions:

1. My current plantronics bluetooth does not work with it, any recommendations on other bluetooths that do work with it.

2. On my 8700c I could change my ringer settings so there would be no vibrations on the phone in certain settings. On the 8800, there is a vibration on every setting. Is there a setting that has no vibrations? Every setting forces you to have at least one vibration.

3. My phone has a red blinking light on it what does that mean and how do I take it off. I suspect it has something to do with my email box, an indicator of email being in the inbox, but wasn't certain. It goes to green once I open the emails.

4. On my 8700c in the general email options if you set the device to show sent messages it would only show emails I sent on the device itself and not the emails I sent from my work computer. On the 8800 it shows emails that I sent on my computer (desktop) through enterprise and through my device. Why does it do that. The only way to avoid this is by turning off the show sent emails option. Which does not show any emails sent whether through device or on your desktop. Anyone know how I can show sent messages from my device but not my desktop or is there no choice.

dimbulbH2He3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    22BF1D06

Re: New BlackBerry 8800 user with Cingular - questions on issues

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ijust made the same upgrade (8700c 2 8800 w/Cingular). Can't answer all ur questions however; I had no trouble pairing my smashed, cracked & beaten JABRA 250 w/new.8800.Any questions, drop a line!

Norm

kenstrand no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E529D2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    22BF1D06

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ijust made the same upgrade (8700c 2 8800 w/Cingular). Can't answer all ur questions however; I had no trouble pairing my smashed, cracked & beaten JABRA 250 w/new.8800.Any questions, drop a line!

Norm

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok...so welcome to pinstack
    #2 - go to profiles and scroll to advanced. you can edit any profile to change the amount of vibes you get - event to zero
    #3 - yep, you are correct. red for email or new message, green for nothing, blue for bt connection (options>screen/keyboard>LED Coverage Indicator
    #4 - must be a BES issue, because that never happens to me

PIN/ID
    22BF1D06
    Ijust made same transition (8700c 2 8800 w/Cingular) Had no problem pairing my smashed, cracked & beaten JABRA 250 w/8800. I stumbled a few times @ first then figured it out. Any questions, drop a line!

Norm

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

1. Plantronics headsets and BlackBerry have a history of not being compatible.

2.You can set your phone to silent to avoid this problem. Then turn vibrate back on when needed.

3. You have a new email, text,instant or pushed content message. The green light shows you are connected to the network.

4. I have no experience with BES.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

1. Motorola h700 works great. Not to bulky and extremely light. You will forget its there.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ok...so welcome to pinstack
    #2 - go to profiles and scroll to advanced. you can edit any profile to change the amount of vibes you get - event to zero
    #3 - yep, you are correct. red for email or new message, green for nothing, blue for bt connection (options>screen/keyboard>LED Coverage Indicator
    #4 - must be a BES issue, because that never happens to me
    Okay, for my problem with the ring profiles, I went to advance and the lowest of any vibrations it allows me is 1. Does anyone else have this?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    1. Plantronics headsets and BlackBerry have a history of not being compatible.

2.You can set your phone to silent to avoid this problem. Then turn vibrate back on when needed.

3. You have a new email, text,instant or pushed content message. The green light shows you are connected to the network.

4. I have no experience with BES.
    Even in quiet mode it still lists number of vibrations and the lowest allowed is not 0 - it's 1. WTF?

PIN/ID
    ATA

just choose tone only, NOT vibrate+tone

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    just choose tone only, NOT vibrate+tone
    I did.... and it still gives me the number of vibrations with the lowest at 1. I have the phone settings set for it to do as little as possible, when I have it in quiet mode, it is supposed to do nothing, no tone, no vibrate, but yet I still have to chose whether it has one vibration or 2 or 3. Is my phone deffective or am I just an amateur.

PIN/ID
    ATA

as long as you choose tone and not tone+vibrate, it won't vibrate...regardless of whether it "says" it is set to 1...

Under my normal phone settings and under phone and I have the following preferences:

Out of holster - tone
    tune - ringer - classic phone
    volume - high
    repeat notification - none
    number of vibrations - 1 (it won't let me chose 0).
    In holster - none
    tune - ringer - classic phone
    volume - mute
    repeat notification - none
    number of vibrations - 1 (it won't let me chose 0).
    Do not disturb - no

Okay - can I say I am an amateur.... I figured out where the vibrations were from. I forgot to set up a few of the options to not do anything.

But I definitely do not get vibrations on the phone calls... I actually just called myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast