well im trying to get a new OS already downloaded and also deleted vendor BUT! ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

capo14 no está en línea Stack level 2

new big problem :(

Advertisement

well im trying to get a new OS already downloaded and also deleted vendor BUT! i can't remove the password, everytime i go to (options,security options,general settings,password) i can't remove the password it doesnt give me that option it has a symbol of a lock. i already wiped like 6 times and when starts it ask me for a new password, i cant install a new OS can any1 help me please! thanks in advance

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    well to remove your password you have to go to security settings>general>highlight enable>press menu>change option>disable>enter password.

do you need the password, and usually if you connect your device it usually prompts you for the password
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    well to remove your password you have to go to security settings>general>highlight enable>press menu>change option>disable>enter password.

do you need the password, and usually if you connect your device it usually prompts you for the password
    that's the thing next to enable it has a symbol of a lock, and it won't give me the option of disable

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    hey capo, are you on a BlackBerry Enerprise Server with your BB ? maybe your admin has locked this option in the it-security-policy.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no, I don't have that. I just got it yesterday..... But when he got that phone it was the same..... Ah crap now I think he probably bought it from a guy who stole it do you think that might happened and that's why I get that?

i called my friend and asked him, and he got it off ebay, so yeah it was protected with IT policy, i found on google how to take it off, so thanks for the help

ffs now my pearl has a lock on firewall and i cant disable how can i disable it?