Hi everyone. Im new to blackberries, and have switched over from a treo 650. I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

yatch no está en línea Stack level 1

new bb user, device not registering?

Advertisement

Hi everyone. Im new to blackberries, and have switched over from a treo 650. I just picked up an ATT 8800 this afternoon. I've been trying to register so I can start using the browser and I get a message saying something along the lines of "register in que will be sent when data is available" so I havent been able to use any data yet. I searched the forums but didnt find a solution. Do I just have to wait until my data service is activated? or am I go about this the wrong way. I appreciate the help, thanks in advance! or if someone can link me to somewhere I can figure out on my own.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: new bb user, device not registering?

Quote Originally Posted by yatch
    Hi everyone. Im new to blackberries, and have switched over from a treo 650. I just picked up an ATT 8800 this afternoon. I've been trying to register so I can start using the browser and I get a message saying something along the lines of "register in que will be sent when data is available" so I havent been able to use any data yet. I searched the forums but didnt find a solution. Do I just have to wait until my data service is activated? or am I go about this the wrong way. I appreciate the help, thanks in advance! or if someone can link me to somewhere I can figure out on my own.
    I think you still have to wait for the service book and for your data plan to be activated
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

alrite, thats what i figured, just wanted a second opinion. thanks! im just impatient and anxious to get this thing up and running haha.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I learned earlier from tech support that there a network outage on certain prefixes that may also be the issue...also the systme may not have pushed the service through..try going to options advanced options then host routing table hit menu then register..
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

yea thats where i got that message, by going through the host routing table section.. but my registration finally went thru. so everything is working now. thanks again for the help. i appreciate it, now its time to go play with my new toy hah

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

hehe have fun with it if you ever any issues with the bb or the att part pm..I'm a retail sales consultant for the new att
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

alrite, thats what i figured, just wanted a second opinion. thanks! im just impatient and anxious to get this thing up and running haha.
    It's nice to know everything is working fine for you. Goodluck and Welcome to Pinstack!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Thumbs up Re: new bb user, device not registering?

everythings working fine, except i cant get my GPS to connect to any satellites. any ideas? dont want to make a new thread for it.

thanks, you guys/girls have been very helpful. I did a lot of research on the boards before i purchased my 8800.

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

everythings working fine, except i cant get my GPS to connect to any satellites. any ideas? dont want to make a new thread for it.

thanks, you guys/girls have been very helpful. I did a lot of research on the boards before i purchased my 8800.
    I had this problem also. Switch the phone off and pull the battery out and leave it for 15 seconds and put it back and start the phone and hopefully this will cure it.

eventually it just started working. no idea how haha. but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt while using Google Maps. its hit or miss, but when i turn the phone off and back on it usually works.. when it works, its great though! im loving this phone the more i use it. thanks for the replies.