hi there - i have been searching a couple different forums and the internet. it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

sissybon no está en línea Stack level 1

new to bb - not sure about theme/today/task issue

Advertisement

hi there -
    i have been searching a couple different forums and the internet.
    it seems like a lot of people want tasks to show up on the homescreen like calendar events do in a today style, but it seems that is impossible.

i am a bit confused, however, because i've seen a screenshot or two where someone made a theme that had tasks on the homescreen in a today style theme. but i didn't see any tasks listed underneath it.

so is it a theme issue or just a fundamental blackberry thing? can i make or request my own today theme that would get rid of call log and have upcoming tasks show instead?

also about tasks - is there a view when looking at the task list that would show the category?
    for example -

Bring in two WSJ aticle @COM 350
    Turn in Ind Study sheet @School
    Get boot waterproofer @Stuff to get
    Careerfair day resume @School

i could do that on my old palm. i know that i can filter based on category, but it seems like it would be easier to just have the category show and be able to sort it from there.

anyways, any help on either would be awesome to this new bb user.

thanks!

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: new to bb - not sure about theme/today/task issue

Regarding the today screen, that's a recurring issue that has not seemingly been resolved. There's not much flexibilty with the today screens that are currently out there. But I've got the perfect application for you - PocketDay (crossriversystems.com).
    Its the ultimate today screen!! It displays everything from weather, to tasks, appointments, sms messages, missed calls, email all in one screen.
    The developer frequents this site quite often.
    Check it out and let me know what you think.

jstodaro no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: new to bb - not sure about theme/today/task issue

I too have been trying to find a today-style theme (for my 8320) that can display a summary of [tasks] AND [calendar] events on my homescreen. All to no avail, of course. Very disappointing.

Also, I played around with [PocketDay], and thought it awesome!....except for one thing: The [Weather] function did not work, as I don't have a "Data Plan" (ouch!)..........but on the other hand, the PockketDay [Stocks] and [Google] functions were able to access the Internet without a problem using my 8320's direct internet connection via its built-in Wi-Fi (802.11b/g protocol). Very interesting. Otherwise, a perfect application.

So, if anyone knows of any [themes] or [applications] that might be able to display a summary of both [tasks] and [calendar] events on the homescreen (or any screen for that matter) -- please let me know.... Thanks!