Hi all first off - I like it! ;-) Secondly, can any one help with ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

FatherTed no está en línea Stack level 1

Question new 8820 on Orange UK - will not run Google apps

Advertisement

Hi all
    first off - I like it! ;-)

Secondly, can any one help with this list of queries:
    1. I've added my brother to blackberry messenger (he is with O2 UK) using his PIN but he isn't receiving an "accept this person?" message in his blackberry messenger (he has a Pearl)
    2. when I go to www dot blackberry dot orange dot co dot uk (I can't post URLs) and try to register using my pin and imei it tells me "This blackberry is registered with a different service provider..." The BB is brand new (received today) and I've never had a BB before
    3. when I run "Mail by Google" and try to login I get "Network error: your phone doesn't support end-to-end secure connections (reason: ) In order to protect your data, Mail by Googe cannot be used at this time."

FYI, I am on a wifi connection which is definitely working (I can access www over it)

Any help gratefully received (there's a pint of guinness the next time you are in Ireland's cathederal city!)

Michael.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: new 8820 on Orange UK - will not run Google apps

Welcome to the Stacks FatherTed.

Do you still need help with these?

Do both you and your brother have data plans active with your provider?
    As far as the Registration error, I would definitely check with your provider if you just bought the Blackberry.

FatherTed no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: new 8820 on Orange UK - will not run Google apps

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Welcome to the Stacks FatherTed.
    Thanks --- its nice to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Do you still need help with these?

Do both you and your brother have data plans active with your provider?
    As far as the Registration error, I would definitely check with your provider if you just bought the Blackberry.
    I spoke to Orange on Saturday morning and, as you suspected, it was simply that I have never had a BB before and they needed to add that profile to my SIM card/account. 10 mins later, it was sorted. On that note, Orange support are fantastic *when you eventually get through*.

Now the bad news! -- I still can't get Google Mail or Google Maps working. Note that my web access and email etc work fine. And I have tried to activate the Orange Sat Nav but it won't retrieve a licence key from webraska, saying there is no wifi connection (there is, and it is active) -- I have emailed them and will post a note back to this forum when/if I make progress.

I really need to get the Google Mail app running -- it is downloadable from m(dot)google(dot)com/a
    When I try to log in, it says "Network Error - Your phone doesn't support end-to-end secure connections (reason In order to protect your data, Mail by Google cannot be used at this time."
    Any thoughts?

Michael.