I'm a new user to the BB world so please bare with me. I have ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

hannibal05 no está en línea Stack level 1

Needing some help Please!!!

Advertisement

I'm a new user to the BB world so please bare with me.

I have the 8830 and currently have my military e-mail forwarded to my BB. I just got an e-mail in my military account that says I need to change the way it comes in. Is there any hope to continue getting my mail without getting into trouble?? This is what they said to change to:

You may still use webmail (webmail.us.army.mil) or IMAP via a client such as
    Outlook, Outlook Express, or Thunderbird to retrieve your mail.

So is there anything I can do to make it work?? Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Needing some help Please!!!

Anyone??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

are you able to access your email through a web browser, such as outlook web access? if so you should still be able to get your emailby going to your providers blackberry site and setting up the email through their. that is how i was able to get my work email setup. the only other thing is using the redirecor which comes on the bb cd. this is a pain to use sometimes because you have to have your computer on at all time and it will then send the email to you as it receives it.
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

Well really I think it's more of a security issue than anything else. They want us to use the programs listed and nothing else. So that is what I was asking, is there anything that I can download from the programs listed that would still work??

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I think what diaz1023 was try'n to say was that you can use outlook along with the redirector. So when your outlook recieves the email it will then be directed towards your phone along with still keeping the email in outlook!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ya but if I follow him correctly then I would have to leave my home computer on all the time?