Hi. i have the BB8800 with Tmobile. I have a BIS account. I have a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

shotgunJ no está en línea Stack level 1

Need HELP with very Late emails..DESPERATE

Advertisement

Hi. i have the BB8800 with Tmobile. I have a BIS account. I have a website email with godaddy (lets just say @mycomp.com) that I had pushed to my BB device, but since i dont have outlook or any other kind of mail client on my computer i kept having to call my administrator to delete emails from the go daddy account so that my mail box wouldnt get full. in order to prevent this. I set up the emails to @mycomp.com to go to a gmail acct that i created and then from the gmail, they go to my BB. My Gmail deletes the email off of the service when it retrieves it..(which fixes the problem of my inbox being full and bouncing incoming messages back to sender) but now i takes up to 90 minutes to receive emails on my bb. can someone please help me because i am going to start breaking things in my house pretty soon. pleease advise.

p.s. i would like gmail to be in the chain because i use it to archive all the emails.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Need HELP with very Late emails..DESPERATE

Just guessing, but it sounds like the breakdown is between mycomp.com and gmail. Your BB is going to get a copy of anything arriving at the Gmail inbox pretty much instantaneously. It sounds like Gmail is polling slowly or mycomp isn't forwarding very often.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Set it to forward to the BB email address directly. As long as you set it to remove off the server once forwarded on godaddy's side you should get the same result and it will be next to realtime. (assuming godaddy forwards automatically) hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Set it to forward to the BB email address directly. As long as you set it to remove off the server once forwarded on godaddy's side you should get the same result and it will be next to realtime. (assuming godaddy forwards automatically) hope it helps.

so i should delete the gmail acct on my bb and create a new one? because i want the email to be separate from my blackberry(@tmo.blackberry.net) email address.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Just guessing, but it sounds like the breakdown is between mycomp.com and gmail. Your BB is going to get a copy of anything arriving at the Gmail inbox pretty much instantaneously. It sounds like Gmail is polling slowly or mycomp isn't forwarding very often.
    if i send an email to mycomp.com at 9:15, i will get the email on my gmail at 9:16pm... but it wont hit my BB until around 10-10:30pm

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunJ View Post
    so i should delete the gmail acct on my bb and create a new one? because i want the email to be separate from my blackberry(@tmo.blackberry.net) email address.
    If you do not want it to ge to the @tmo.BB.net address then yes i would try that. Not sure why you don't want it going there but i am sure you have your reasons. Also How do you have the gmail account set up? for POP3 or IMAP?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    If you do not want it to ge to the @tmo.BB.net address then yes i would try that. Not sure why you don't want it going there but i am sure you have your reasons. Also How do you have the gmail account set up? for POP3 or IMAP?
    i have POP3.. i tried the IMAP set-up and i wasnt getting ANY messages, so i disabled it