Hello- Can anyone take me through the steps to convert a Cingular/AT&T BB 8800 to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Need help fully converting a AT&T 8800 to TMO

Advertisement

Hello-

Can anyone take me through the steps to convert a Cingular/AT&T BB 8800 to a phone that uses the TMO Service - data and voice services and the software. I basically want to fully convert this 8800 to a TMO phone. I even want any suggestions for removing the Cingular start up screen and label on the front. Written steps or links in the correct order would be greatly appreciated. Just so you know, I have already requested an unlock code from a reputable ebay provider. I also started the process with At&t as a back up ( I just didn't want to wait the 5-7 days). Thanks!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Need help fully converting a AT&T 8800 to TMO

download the new OS of what ever carrier you wish to install (can use any not just T-mobile or AT&T) and delete the vendor.xml file. MAKE SURE the BB is unlocked from the previous carrier (you will need an actual unlock code, this we cannot help you with. You can get it from the carrier directly or from a 3rd party supplier, there are several on eBay that can do this). There is no way to remove/replace the startup image though sorry.

There is a thread around here that will give you a step by step guide on how to do the OS upgrade.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, once you get the unlock code, you just need to cancel you AT&T account, activate your TMO account and you should be good to go. You will not get the splash screen changed. The is hard coded too deep in the area os firmware that requires more access than just the USB port.

Sorry
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Post Re: Need help fully converting a AT&T 8800 to TMO

Problem solved. Did a Craig's list post to see if anyone who needed an AT&T 8800 would trade me for a Tmobile 8800. Within a day I found someone in the same predicament with a Tmobile 8800. Did an equal swap, I now have a 8800 fully loaded and branded! Case closed.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

I followed your lead on Craig's List, but no one responded in my area. I listed my 8800 on eBay and it will be gone on Friday. On a good note, I found a reasonable 8300 Curve and should have it in the next day or two. Hopefully, I'll be able to find an unlock code for this one.