Well I have a blackberry 8800 and the charging port which looks like a small ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jokertheklown no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Need Help First Time Blackberry 8800 User

Advertisement

Well I have a blackberry 8800 and the charging port which looks like a small usb port on it is broke has anyone had this issue and also blackberry and cingular both say its not in warranty can anyone help me on this issue. I would like to resolve it without paying the $190 repair fee I believe the part should be under warranty and because its not a known issue it isn't I NEED HELP!!!

Joker
    Last edited by jokertheklown; 07-08-2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: TITLE

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Need Help First Time Blackberry User

did you buy it brand new from att? this should be covered in warrenty?!

yes bought brand new from cingular store on April 1st 2007 they say its not under warranty due to physical damage which is not the case it has no physical damage its a defective part I believe I haven't went into store only talked to both cingular and also to Research and Motion which is the Manufacturer of blackberry

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would take it into the store and let them see it. This should definitely be a warranty item. I have known some who have trouble with the charging ports on bb breaking but not on an 88xx series.

I will try and make it into store today and then post on here what they say thanks
    Joker

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Joker, If one store wont, maybe another will. I would also politely asking to be referred to a manager if the issue is not resolved by the agent you speak to. Sometimes they will fix things to keep the customer happy.

thank you i will defenitely try it i hope they keep me happy!!

well went to store nothing they could do only told me too call warranty place and tell them it wont charge, I called them and they said that they will send out another one but if found it too be physical damage that they will charge me $399 thats not very good at all considering i've only owned phone for 3 months ANY IDEAS WHAT TOO SAY IF THEY DECIDE ITS MY FAULT???

ChrisOthen no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - also a first time blackberry user and i know this is a dumb question but how do you download your old sim contacts onto the blackberry phone memory?
    Sure I must be doing something very wrong

Mactheman no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jokertheklown
    well went to store nothing they could do only told me too call warranty place and tell them it wont charge, I called them and they said that they will send out another one but if found it too be physical damage that they will charge me $399 thats not very good at all considering i've only owned phone for 3 months ANY IDEAS WHAT TOO SAY IF THEY DECIDE ITS MY FAULT???
    Go back to the store and ask the manager how much it would cost to break your contract. It will probably be around 150 - 175, and let them know that you will break the contract, go to Verizon and get a brand new phone for 199, net net, it will cost just a tad more than 399, but you'll be happier with their customer service. They exchanged my Treo 700P 4 time, it was a piece of s@#t, and finally they gave me a BB 8830. See how badly ATT want to keep you. Of course you don't actually have to do it, but it is worth a try, but do let them know the math.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOthen
    Hi - also a first time blackberry user and i know this is a dumb question but how do you download your old sim contacts onto the blackberry phone memory?
    Sure I must be doing something very wrong
    First off, please don't hijack threads. If you're posting a different topic then start a new thread.

You need to do this via Address Book->SIM Phone Book and then copy entries.