Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BLAH well thank you all for your help :]] but this will take a little ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

landersily no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

BLAH well thank you all for your help :]]
    but this will take a little time for me to actually choose I have been looking at countless reviews and have tested some out but I still need to figure out which one I will be TRUELY happy with blah :]]
    thanks again :]]

LJBlazer no está en línea Stack level 1
    depending on which carrier you are, I would take the bold on ATT or the curve on T-mob

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82
    The 8820 is viable option if you dont require a camera (which becomes handier than you think) but its nice having the WIFI and GPS. I have both devices and use my 8310 as my primary device.

iam8up no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20673FE5
    I couldn't live without my 8800 at this point. I'd like to have Wifi with the bold or 8820 (mostly to see if it is nearby and the strength rather then using it for Internet connectivity) but at this point I see no reason to spend the money. I would suggest the 8800, Curve or Bold as I see them all being the same. Most people will point out the camera difference, too.

Flyin18T no está en línea Stack level 2
    I recently went through the same decision making process. After a TON of comparison research, and reviews, and reading opinions in the forums I make my decision a few weeks ago. I bought a new 8820 on T-Mo. The deciding factors for me were the much longer battery life, the awesome sound/clarity of the speakerphone, and the slightly bigger keys on the keyboard. The GPS was an added bonus. I had a Pearl 8100 prior and totally loved it. The 8820 takes it to another level. The earpiece and speakerphone clarity and volume are awesome. I can be driving and put a call on speakerphone and just toss the phone in my passenger seat and have the conversation loud and clear. I use the phone a ton for all sorts of calls, messaging, internet use and the battery never drops below 60-70%. The keys are a perfect fit for my big fingers also. I'm totally loving it.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Big is a very subjective word. I've had my bold for almost a month now and I still think its big but I've gotten used to it. Coming from a Curve it was a huge difference going back to a phone that was even slightly larger than a 8800 series phone. I do agree with most of these people that the 8820 is also a great phone as well. Bang for the buck it has quite a few options and you should be able to pick 1 up these days for a pretty reasonable price.

If you get a chance I would still play around with the Curve before you make an informed decision.
    Last edited by BES Noob; 11-25-2008 at 04:05 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    .................If you get a chance I would still play around with the Curve before you make an informed decision.
    Still agree - the curve has really high reviews too.

How are you coming with your decision, landers?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

landersily no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Still agree - the curve has really high reviews too.

How are you coming with your decision, landers?
    well I'm still going crazy but I am kind of leaning towards the 8820 still, I mean I've heard more about how the Keyboard is really nice on it and of the features on it, and I am not in need of a camera phone.
    I would so get the curve because it's such a great phone for such a great deal but I borrowed my friends curve for a couple of days and I really felt like I was going to break it while I've heard that the 8820 is a bit more sturdy...
    haha I need a really sturdy phone because I'm not the most gentle person. :]]

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    IMO you're ready to make a decision and go with it. You can "worry" over this forever - think of all the great BB time you're missing. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by landersily View Post
    haha I need a really sturdy phone because I'm not the most gentle person. :]]

I can tell you from my personal experiences my Curve was a lot more durable than my 8830 ever was. Despite the fact that its not a 8820 but it stills falls under that series classification. I have a ton of war wounds on my Curve at home and can attest that if I put my sim card back in today I wouldn't have a single issue with it whatsoever. When I dropped my 8830 thats when the problems started right off the bat. So please take this under consideration before making a decision. Another thing to think about is also the keyboard. On the Curve the keys are more defined because of the spaces inbetween the keys whereas the 8820 the keys are placed together. That does make a huge difference when typing. I noticed that I type a lot faster on my Curve than I do with my 8830 or even my Bold.

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can agree that the 8300 is a rock of a phone. I had a belt slip case for it, I dropped it and it got run over by an 18 wheeler at work. Only the batt cover cracked. However, the 8300 keyboard was a bit hollow and couldn't stand it. The 8800 is a lot more solid feeling, but I have had 2 and the usb port broke on both of them. I don't know if its a common problem or just me. But that's all I can say. I love them all.

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6
    Hi, I just switched from the 8220 to an unlocked AT&T 8820 running on Tmobile. I really love the 8820 and use the GPS running Garming sotware on a daily basis. I liked the 8220 allot but really wanted the built in GPS of the 8820. I highly recommend it to anyone out there wanting a solid, stable BB device.

I don't really miss the lack of a camera because I drive around all day for work and always have an 8 megapixel digital camera with me. So, like allot of the other good folks posting on here. Each model has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck with your decision and please let me know which model you go with.

joeyinpa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OK, without even realizing the 8820 didn't have a camera, I upgraded to it from a Pearl; I LOVE IT! The full keyboard takes some getting used to, but once you do, it's excellant! I have a couple of cameras, so I couldn't care less about the lack of it on the phone. The internet speed, alone, is incredible.
    Good Luck!
    JoeyLee*

Quote Originally Posted by landersily View Post
    So pretty much I used to use the blackberry 7105t for tmobile...and decided to switch to the sidekick 3 which was cool for about a week but afterwards I hated it. . .
    anyways 3 Sidekick 3's later I'm using this retarded razr and I need a new phone and I was thinking about the 8820 which I really REALLY want, but now the Bold came out. . . which Device should I get?

note: I know the bold is newer therefore better but I really need a good answer for me to shovel out all that extra cash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12