Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So pretty much I used to use the blackberry 7105t for tmobile...and decided to switch ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

landersily no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Need A new Blackberry Desperately -.-

Advertisement

So pretty much I used to use the blackberry 7105t for tmobile...and decided to switch to the sidekick 3 which was cool for about a week but afterwards I hated it. . .
    anyways 3 Sidekick 3's later I'm using this retarded razr and I need a new phone and I was thinking about the 8820 which I really REALLY want, but now the Bold came out. . . which Device should I get?

note: I know the bold is newer therefore better but I really need a good answer for me to shovel out all that extra cash

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Landersily, Don't overlook the Curve, in the case of T-Mobile, the 8320. It should be less money now BECAUSE it's not the "newest kid on the block" but it has a lot of catibilities including wi-fi. Whether you buy the @home service that T-Mobile offers you can still use it to browse the internet, etc and, with OS 4.5 there are a lot of features including a video camera.

Just something to consider if you want to NOT spend a lot to get back into BB's.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a 8820 and I love it. Here in this forum if you ask about a 8820 there is always going to be some one flying in here telling you to try a curve or one of the other BBs. The 8820 has built in GPS (accurate) and WIFI. I played with the Bold in store and hated the mushy keyboard and don't care what anyone else here says to be honest. When you buy your 8820 there is a trial period as with any other cell phone and you can return it for a full refund or exchange it for another BB, but, you are definately cheating yourself with a razor. When you do get your 8820 load it with the latest version of 4.5 (any questions on how to do it ask me personally)and try one of the sena leather (google it)flip down cases. You will love it.I tried a curve for about a week and couldn't wait to get rid of it. One would be a great coaster or fit nicely under the kickstand of my motorcycle

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I have a 8820 and I love it. Here in this forum if you ask about a 8820 there is always going to be some one flying in here telling you to try a curve or one of the other BBs. ..............You will love it.I tried a curve for about a week and couldn't wait to get rid of it. One would be a great coaster or fit nicely under the kickstand of my motorcycle

Just for the record, I've got nothing against the 8820 - I think it's a great phone. All the BB's have assets and liabilities. I'm just offering a suggestion.

There's nothing wrong with giving options - they should all be welcome and I think you can do without the "always going to be someone flying in here" remark.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Maybe I should have mentioned that I was switching to AT&T because Tmobile in my area totally sucks -.-

Quote Originally Posted by landersily View Post
    Maybe I should have mentioned that I was switching to AT&T because Tmobile in my area totally sucks -.-
    Totally understand that! Been there (in Arkansas) and had to switch to Alltel for the same reason.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Just for the record, I've got nothing against the 8820 - I think it's a great phone. All the BB's have assets and liabilities. I'm just offering a suggestion.

There's nothing wrong with giving options - they should all be welcome and I think you can do without the "always going to be someone flying in here" remark.
    You're free to think what ever you want and yeah there is always someone "flying in here with the get a curve pitch". It's the truth ......get over it.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 11-08-2008 at 05:56 PM.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an 8820 and love it!! But my thought is if you can get a curve for cheap or even free with signing a new 2 year contract then go for it instead of spending money on a phone that's just going to go down in value anyway

ThePenguin Guest
    Not to mention, the fact that the curve has a camera allows for spontanious photography. Something even the best 8820 can't do.

Well I have been thinking about the Curve also but while testing it out I really don't know if I could handle the keyboard for a whole 2 years. I mean I do consider my fingers pretty long and thin (due to playing piano all of my life) but to me the keys just felt cramped. is that just me?
    (and no offense to the curve users :]])

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Not to mention, the fact that the curve has a camera allows for spontanious photography. Something even the best 8820 can't do.
    ...and, the Curve on OS 4.5 also has video camera capabilities!

Well I have been thinking about the Curve also but while testing it out I really don't know if I could handle the keyboard for a whole 2 years. I mean I do consider my fingers pretty long and thin (due to playing piano all of my life) but to me the keys just felt cramped. is that just me?
    I've played the piano - don't have long skinny fingers either - and I'm not the greatest BB typist but I you can get used to any keyboard. I did with my first 7130e, 8100, 8120 and 8230 and now 8330. In this size device they're all cramped. Good luck in your decision!
    What goes around, comes around.

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I love my 8820 more then any other BB I've used. Honestly I used the GPS and Wifi almost daily, and I don't need a cam. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Confusing isn't it, landersily! Especially in a forum of users who ALL love Blackberrys!

Bottom line, examine all the BB's that interest you and make your own decision. There won't be a wrong one - they're all great phones with different sizes, features and personalities. Good luck.

Hope to see you active in the forums once you figure all this out. We'll be here to help you, encourage you and cheer you on.
    What goes around, comes around.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I feel for you being stuck with a SK3, that was one of the worst QWERTY phones I ever used. Well I guess it comes down to the 88 or 83, I'd go with the 8310, since it has the camera and not that all expensive these days.

HolidayDre no está en línea Stack level 2

The keys felt cramped to me too when I initially purchased the device because I was coming from the LG VX#### Verizon Communicator (I forgot the model number), but now I love it. It has great response, I can text with one hand (left or right) very easily and I can txt with two hands very quickly. It feels cramped because you're coming from a Sidekick which is basically the same situation I was in. You'll get used to it very fast and you'll like it.

I have VZW but I went into the ATT store to look at the Bold and I didn't like the keyboard at all. It seemed too soft for my taste. I will say it isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be.
    Last edited by HolidayDre; 11-09-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast