Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have downloaded the following 3 applicatation and each has different features which are nice ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Navigation apps for bb8800

Advertisement

I have downloaded the following 3 applicatation and each has different features which are nice to have.

1. Mapquest Navigator: I seem to like the best because of the driving instruction and overview map. The downside is that the addresses cannot be imported (please let me know if they can) and it covers only North America. However once an address has been inputed it appears that the systems keeps it on file. When driving on the highway and crossing another highway the system will laso keep saying to keep left.

2. Nav4all: this is a super kool application. Addresses are imported from the address book, and it covers most of the world. The navigation screen is not as user friendly as Mapquest Navigator. The customizations options are also great within the application and additional addresses can be inputed directly from their website and you have the ability to categorize these as work, personal, private etc.

3. Google maps: While it appears to be a complete application, importing the addresses has to be done one at a time as in Mapquest Navigator however there are other option such as traffic (which I am yet to play with) that make is a super slick application. Periodically it appears to be slow updating the map which could be due to poor GSP or netwrok coverage.

If anyone has any idea how to import addresses in either googlemaps or navigator, please let us kow how.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Navigation apps for bb8800

although it isn't free, have you tried the telenav yet?
    i have it...i'll try later to import addy's...honestly haven't really had the time to check it out

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I didn't like the Nav4All because here is america we measure by miles not meters.

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

I use Telenav and love it for what it is. I find myself using it more locally than on longer trips just because I can't talk and route at the same time. Works pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    although it isn't free, have you tried the telenav yet?
    i have it...i'll try later to import addy's...honestly haven't really had the time to check it out

Boiseguy83 - I was able to change Nav$all from km to miles.
    Under Start menu go to Setting (8)
    Then select Units (11)
    Then select miles and save application.

Hope this helps.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

There is a good article which covers nearly all current GPS applications for the BlackBerry: BlackBerry and GPS

It's a good article however it does not mention either Nav4All which is a free application nor does it mention Google which I think are great application. Also lets not forget about Mapquest navigator which I tend to use the most because of the voice commands.

I decided to give Nav4All a try last night when driving home. A nice feature is that it warns you how many lanes are on the highway when it does intersect with other highways, for example it will let you know when you are veering left onto another highway that there are a total of 4 or 5 lanes and it also lets you know when the number of lanes change. Another cool feature is that it warns you about excessive speed. The super cool thing is that you can still receive calls and hear directions in the background! This worked great when the bt headset.

BrisbaneMango no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Navigation apps for bb8800

Re Nav4All...when I get a choice of responses (such as the Yes/No in the attached screenshot) how am I supposed to select the required response? Rolling the trackball doesn't highlight either option, and hitting 'Y' for yes, etc. doesn't work either?

I'm using Nav4All v7.0.12...

PIN/ID

This one is on me, the Yes is hitting the trackball, how's that for ease of use??

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

Quote Originally Posted by tessitori
    Boiseguy83 - I was able to change Nav$all from km to miles.
    Under Start menu go to Setting (8)
    Then select Units (11)
    Then select miles and save application.

Hope this helps.
    I can be such a moron sometimes. Now it seems to work good and I dont have to try to do the conversions from meters to mile in my head. THANKS

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have mapquest, google, and telnav. Google is awesome because of the gps sat veiw feature, mapquest I haven't used much, and the only real complaint I have with telnav is the anoying prompts, it repeats the instructions to often.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nav4all drained my battery. It is not the most user friendly interface I do like the different languages for voice prompts

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by SkUbA0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have mapquest, google, and telnav. Google is awesome because of the gps sat veiw feature, mapquest I haven't used much, and the only real complaint I have with telnav is the anoying prompts, it repeats the instructions to often.
    Telenav does reroute faster in my experience and it doesn't offer the dumb "make a u-turn if you can" instruction that Mapquest does. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    This one is on me, the Yes is hitting the trackball, how's that for ease of use??
    ok, yes we hitthe trackball; how about for no? WHat do you press then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast