Me and my friend recently traded phones and all he gave me was the blackberry ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

nannette no está en línea Stack level 1

Question My usb cable is telling me..

Me and my friend recently traded phones and all he gave me was the blackberry 8800 and the charger and i have a USB cable.
    When i hook my usb cable up to the blackberry the computer tells me i need to verify that my handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed, and that my USB charging current is not sufficient.
    What exactly do i download in order to where i can hook up the usb cable and i can get music and manage my blackberry without it saying this.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Install the desktop manager, or get the drivers of the internet
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    You either have a faulty USB cable, or a faulty port on your computer... Or you are trying to use usb 1.0 on an older computer, or a hub that isnt 2.0.

You can try and download the USB drivers from the blackberry website. or Just go ahead and download the whole DM...

Desktop Manager =

USB Driver = I cant seem to find the driver only download, you may have to in via update and put in your pin number and see what comes up on the list

Let me find the links real quick..
    Last edited by rashard; 06-22-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    USB drivers only at :

Select BlackBerry USB and modem drivers.

It sounds like you are trying to use a NON-powered USB port.
    Do NOT use any "front" ports on your PC, or any non-powered USB hubs.
    Plug it directly into the back of the PC!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)