First off let me say hello to everyone , I'm new to pinstacking.. Hi! Anyway, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

XMIM no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Lightbulb My thoughts on the 8800 series..

Advertisement

First off let me say hello to everyone , I'm new to pinstacking..

Hi!

Anyway,

My thoughts are simply that the devs at blackberry are looking to much for A " Q Killer " and not sticking enough to there own vision.

If they want something that is going to compete then by all means release this gaudy monstrosity that I have been seeing rumors about in this forum.

But I think they should step back and take A look at what they have missed.

Out of every single solitary blackberry , not one has Ir.. Capability. Not 1.

And don't give me that mumbo jumbo about security , the 8100 Pearl shows that even with 4 ( Count em 1 2 3 4 ) bands of spectrum , BlueTooth 2 support and tether capability the BlackBerry can still be secured.

We NEED Ir..

Wake up RIM we need Ir..

We need it soon , We needed it yesterday.

As for WiFi , I wouldn't mind it.

A 8100 with 2 MP cam and 3X optical/5X digital and Ir.. would keep me breathing well into 2010.

HAC compatibility , Good job on RIM's part keeping separate versions and not bogging down units.

However I can't give em props on there decision to remove the TrackWheel.

Which I believe it's what all blackberries are born upon.

Props also go to RIM on the pearls design.

Very stylish , very sleek. , Could have given the screen A little more resolution and size , but I can deal.

Let talk about upcoming BT profiles.

Let me tell you gentlemen there are many...

From my last count BT 2 ( Which has support for Dial-UP (DUN) Noise cancelation,Tethering, A2DP etc etc) is only A single grain of sand in A very vast desert.

There are something like 300 more profiles/features waiting to have firmware/software polished up for.

Never the less , ofcoarse we all know that is mostly proprietary BS ., so ill just leave that as that.

WiFi..

mmm... Idunno , if security is truly what RIM wants and plans to keep for the blackberry line , then I believe they should wait until more TKIP AES RADIUS only style security comes along for WiFi.

Especially with the new 802.12 versions of WiFi , and soon WiMax coming out.

The 2100MHZ spectrum is also scheduled to be available for consumers the late part of 08' , .

I wouldn't mind A low yield 802.11 B or something that can work well with the blackberries firewall tho.

Another thing I would like RIM to consider doing is pickup where Intell and XIRCOM left off with the REX line. , Maybe implement A Express Card REX line that is VOIP capable in the later future.

But I digress off topic..
    The long and the short of it is , this looks more like A Q and less like A BlackBerry , and it's not just my eyes that deceive me.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    lol, I guess you wont be buying the 8800...the problem is that the bottom line is the dollar so you have to compete although they should know by now that bb users are very loyal and its easy to convert other addicts

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    There's no real point in me buying an 8800 either, as I already have the pearl.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i think rim shoud put as many features as possible cause they cant compete on price with samsung or nokia or moto . if its the same features rim must focus on quality . the only complaint ive had is rim not coming out with a 4.2 os for 8700 users

cjvail13 Guest
    I like the qwerty keyboard. So I am looking forward to the 8800. Plus I hope they will support 3g as I have cingular ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jerms no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~a 8800 cdma ver would also be very nice working on the 800/1900 spectrum along with EVDO.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by XMIM
    Out of every single solitary blackberry , not one has Ir.. Capability. Not 1.

And don't give me that mumbo jumbo about security , the 8100 Pearl shows that even with 4 ( Count em 1 2 3 4 ) bands of spectrum , BlueTooth 2 support and tether capability the BlackBerry can still be secured.

We NEED Ir..

Wake up RIM we need Ir..

We need it soon , We needed it yesterday.
    Just because you need IR doesn't mean that every other BB user out there needs it. I'm all for choice but I'm guessing that if a signifcant number of users emailed bbsuggestions@rim.com about this that RIM would actually do something about it. It's pretty clear that IR support isn't a priority for most.

Quote Originally Posted by XMIM
    However I can't give em props on there decision to remove the TrackWheel.
    Can't comment on this until I actually use a trackball. Have you actually used a Pearl for any significant amount (on the order of weeks) of time or are you just guessing that you won't like it?