Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not really 8800 specific, but these are some features I'd like to see on future ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

My Blackberry wishlist for 8800 series and beyond

Advertisement

Not really 8800 specific, but these are some features I'd like to see on future blackberries. I figured this is the best place to post, since some of these features may or may not be on the 8800 when it finally comes out. So without futher babble...here ya go:

• WiFi, at least 802.11g, perhaps to eventually evolve into 802.11n, and WiMax
    • Updated browser capabilities. One of my pet peeves is that I can't do online banking. Perhaps some
    • HTML or RichText email
    • 3.0MP or better camera. If I invest in a camera phone, it better be at least somewhat decent. Prehaps some video taking capabilities.
    • UMTS/HDPDA
    • Integration with Slingbox
    • Better integration with Google Calendar for syncing (this may be something Google has to put out)
    • Quicker OS updates and patches. Perhaps not one for the corporate customers with upgrade headaches, but if other software developers can pump out an update every 30 days via a patch or a new version, just to add another useful feature, why not RIM? I like new stuff.
    Ok, this list was meant to be longer, but I'm tired. Perhaps I'll update it later.

So what do you think? What's on your future BB wishlist?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Great list Ben. I would also like to see built-in GPS functionality.

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E
    Thanks for the info !

Cuz when it comes out I'm gettin it!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Ah, yes. How could I forget the GPS. It's in a lot of low-end handsets these days. Why not in have it for the king of smartphones?

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E
    Nothin like havin more video formats than what the pearl gives somethin like widows media player but really windows aint needed, window mobile i found out is limited format doesn't use avi,

Bluetooth sterio is the business... Thought my pearl would have it and nope. Wifi is somethin thay'll make BB devices compleTe with a capital T!

Well we gotta wait and see what RIM's goin to do,
    That Verizon Q is really nice and is puttin up a constant fight. To top that Motorola device RIMIs goin to have to really be on there toes!!

Guess we gotta wait and see what's instored. If anyone have have info feel free

Thanks for the info !

Cuz when it comes out I'm gettin it!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Oh, and how could I forget Satellite Ratio? There are already some phone models out there with XM capability.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    To put it in one statement, I want a do-it-all device. For every feature, there's a company out there that does it best, license that tech and throw them all together in one unit. That's what I want. Heck, I'd pay a thousand bucks for it. If it truely replaces my camera, mp3 player, handheld gps unit and cell phone, I think it's well worth it.
    I just don't wanna see anyone else beat RIM at the game.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: My Blackberry wishlist for 8800 series and beyond

What makes RIM’s post-8800 release their “perfect” device?
    RIM’s “perfect” device will have it all and is thinner than the 8800 due out soon

Maybe Rim have something like that in the works. This quote is from BBG interview at bblackberrycool. com.....

howitzer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6E34

Great list but I would like to add Mac functionality!

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Maybe this is crazy, but seeing as I am not a BB "professional" I don't have a problem with saying/stating this and looking like a moron. Would it ever be possible, not probable, to produce a device that was BOTH GSM and CDMA. So per say you got sick of T-Mo and you wanted to switch over to Vzw, you could take your BB with you, or vice versa. I find it unlikely that any carrier would sell a device like this because it would make it even easier for a customer to jump ship, but I am curious if technology would allow it. I am well aware that CDMA and GSM use different radios and such, but can it be done? Wouldn't that be a great feature in the 8800? Hmm...

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184
    Maybe this is crazy, but seeing as I am not a BB "professional" I don't have a problem with saying/stating this and looking like a moron. Would it ever be possible, not probable, to produce a device that was BOTH GSM and CDMA. So per say you got sick of T-Mo and you wanted to switch over to Vzw, you could take your BB with you, or vice versa. I find it unlikely that any carrier would sell a device like this because it would make it even easier for a customer to jump ship, but I am curious if technology would allow it. I am well aware that CDMA and GSM use different radios and such, but can it be done? Wouldn't that be a great feature in the 8800? Hmm...
    I'm sorry but I don't think they'll ever do it since it's not even possible to switch provider between CDMA company
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Text to Voice, used with the new Voice Dialing feature on the Pearl.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have heard there are plans for a VZW World Device that includes both a CDMA and GSM radio. No ETA on its release. But I doubt it would ever be able to work on multiple carriers.

Just like all the rest, it will be exclusive to VZW.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

That's a great list! Right now I want the 8800 to have a decent camera, wi-fi and the micro sd card with the capability of using at least a 2 gig card. This would replace the need to have to carry my digital camera with me, I'd have access to wireless networks and of course a MP3 player all in one device! I'd be happy with those three features all the others are beautiful extras!

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184

You're not crazy and you're not the only one thinking along those lines.
    Motorola has a phone in the market now that can run on both CDMA and GSM, it's the A840. One thing it does do is run the GSM on the European band and the CDMA on the North American one.
    It would be technicaly possible to run those schemes on all the bands plus the UMTS spec, how easy it is to do those is another matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast